Badboy mower

/ Badboy mower #1  

ktm250rider

Silver Member
Finally gonna break down and get a lawn mower. While searching for older style (300, 400) JD tractors, I came across a 2006 27 hp Bad Bow zero turn. Its got a 60" deck with a bagger and its within my budget ($3500). Its got 500 hours on it. The Deeres I was looking at were all tractor type with a max deck size of 54".
It looks to be in decent shape from the pictures and its comparable to many of the others I have looked at for condition. Ive seen a couple of very clean Deeres though. The only down side is that the closest dealer is in MA, not sure the distance. Most of the stuff I end up working on require parts to be shipped anyways so I dont think thats really a draw back.
This being the first zero turn I look at, what should I be looking for? ANy comments on the mower/brand in general would be a great help.

/ Badboy mower #2  
I think you will be satisfied with the mower. The landscape company I purchased my Dixie Choppers from switched over to Bad Boy mowers. Just about any mechanic can replace any part on the zero turn mowers, including the hyd pumps, and hyd wheel motors. I use Mobile One synthetic oil in the engine, and the hydraulics. I also put Slime in the rear tires, and went to solid tires on the front. I used mine in a commercial application. As a home owner mower, it should last a long time. The engines on my Choppers are 25 HP Kohler's, and they seem to last a good while.

/ Badboy mower #3  
I own a Bad Boy Zero Turn 31HP Kawasaki engine with a 52" deck. The mower is strong. I bought it New from a dealer spent more on it than either of my cars is worth. I mow two acres on an irregular lot with a big hill on the back side of a pond. I needed somthing strong that could get the job done fast with no struggle from the powerplant. I will never need another mower as for the next 20 years. These mowers are used most frequent with Landscape companies because they are so tuff and strong! I love my Bad Boy and use it to spray and haul also.

Adam

/ Badboy mower #4  
These mowers are used most frequent with Landscape companies because they are so tuff and strong!

Curious why you would say that. Nothing against them, but I most certainly haven't seen any mowing (zero turn radius mowers aren't much good for landscaping) crews going to Bad Boy mowers other than to see their female models at trade shows. Gotta admit, they got me to look then too. :D

/ Badboy mower #5  
I most certainly haven't seen any mowing (zero turn radius mowers aren't much good for landscaping) crews going to Bad Boy mowers :D

Hi Dargo. It's true what you say. I also have not seen any mowing crews with Bad Boy mowers. The salesman told me at the time of purchase that Landscape Companies are using them because they are made so well which translates to longer work-life (the extra cost is more than made up if is expected to run many hours). My Badboy has 54 hours on it and mows my two acres in less than 45min. I use it for more than just mowing. I have a sprayer attachemtent(weed control)as well as a spreader(fertizer) and use it to haul my trailer around when pruning trees makes for very quick removal of limbs branches ect. Most important factor for me was the 31HP which allows for quick work of a very steep and long hill accross the backside of a pond on my property.

/ Badboy mower #6  
I'm thinking of getting the new compact model with the 3 cyl. cat diesel. the model is 6000 COMP with a 28hp cat diesel. russ

/ Badboy mower #7  
I'm thinking of getting the new compact model with the 3 cyl. cat diesel. the model is 6000 COMP with a 28hp cat diesel. russ

Wow what a Mower! would that be for personal use or commercial?

Dargo, check out the BadBoy 6000 COMP! What are your thoughts?

/ Badboy mower #8  
sksmsllc, it will be my toy.the kids are off my payroll and it's time I get to pay myself an allowence.I'm retired now and want to play.I like diesels and want something that will last. I looked at the grasshoppers and the bad boys at our local lawn and garden show a couple weeks ago and was pretty impressed by both.The price of this pitcular model I think is winning me over. russ

/ Badboy mower #9  
You will never need another Mower! The BadBoy is built to last -- Just check out the mowing deck thickness! I'm convinced that there is not a better made ZTR. The company is privately owned and each mower is made Near Batesville Arkansas by Americans for Amercans. I love this compnay and the superior product. I say go for it and love every hour. I appreciate what you are doing here with respect to being retired. I help my clients get where you are by using a special program that allows us to determine probablity of success for financial goals such as this purchase. The value of this purchase is more than just dollars and cents however. There is a utility value of peace of mind and satisfaction that cannot be quantified with a purchase like this. Blessings.

Adam

/ Badboy mower #10  
Stick a Woods mower behind the KTM.

520 EXC here ;)

Last edited: