Backing up a Gen Trailer

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #11  
Maybe you could make extendable hitch pole for your trailer ?

You could make an extension to the tongue that is pinned on. This would allow you to back the trailer in easily, then remove the tongue for storage.

He is using a PTO generator - I think that makes these solutions not practical!

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #12  
He is using a PTO generator - I think that makes these solutions not practical!
Why not?
1679239339351.png

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #13  
Seems like a three point generator mount would be the correct solution. If you want to keep it on the trailer, why not put some limit chains from the sides of the trailer to the lower three point arms to prevent the trailer from turning too far.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #15  
Those 3pt lifting boom that were about $60 for ever might be the solution. Just hang it for backing in.
3-4' tongue to axle is impractical to back up with any vehicle and there are visibility problems pushing it with the loader.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #17  
Some good options here to push it in from front of tractor, or make the effective wheelbase longer with a pole.
…you could also pull it in with a cable that’s attached to a pulley at the back of the barn. Have some tongue drag and/or have cable attach at two points on trailer so that it steers straight or doesn’t roll away.

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #18  
Could you put some fork pockets under the trailer and use your loader to pick up the entire genertor to put it away?

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #19  
Could you put some fork pockets under the trailer and use your loader to pick up the entire genertor to put it away?
Exactly what I was thinking

/ Backing up a Gen Trailer #20  
Would a wheeled trailer jack at the front help to move it by hand?

Last edited: