Backhoe bucket pin backed out one side

/ Backhoe bucket pin backed out one side #1  

captainblackmer

Tractor
LS XG3140
Hello,

I was digging up a stump and just as I finished I noticed this backhoe pin hanging out half way. I tried putting downward pressure on the other side to line things up again but still couldn't get it line dup enough to go back in. I think the bracket on the side still pinned might be bent a little.

I'm no millwright but I do like learning new things. Anyone have any ideas on how I might get this lined up again and repinned? Thank you for any help!

PXL_20240401_000921247.jpg
PXL_20240401_000929140.jpg
PXL_20240403_001213276.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240401_000921247.jpg
    PXL_20240401_000921247.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
   / Backhoe bucket pin backed out one side
Well I couldn't leave it alone. I was able to get it lined up again by pushing down on this piece of cement with the bucket curled up as in the picture. Just wanted to post this in case someone else has a similar problem later.

PXL_20240403_011939188.jpg

Do you think it might need some grease?
I greased it right before this happened. Is it supposed to be bone dry on the ends of the pin? The grease nipple only gets the linkage with the cylinder.

/ Backhoe bucket pin backed out one side #7  
I greased it right before this happened. Is it supposed to be bone dry on the ends of the pin? The grease nipple only gets the linkage with the cylinder.
That’s why I asked. Because I couldn’t tell from the pics if that was dried up. It’s odd anyway. Glad you were able to get it back in place.

/ Backhoe bucket pin backed out one side #8  
Aren’t you still missing the bolt that holds the pin in? The hole is still empty in your last picture. The missing bolt is why the pin backed out to begin with. Check the bolts on sny other pins too to make sure they are tight

/ Backhoe bucket pin backed out one side #9  
That’s why I asked. Because I couldn’t tell from the pics if that was dried up. It’s odd anyway. Glad you were able to get it back in place.
Seems unusual considering grease tends to migrate through every opening. So i would expect grease to be present toward the outer edges of the pin over time, at least some in the wishbone. From the rust around the bolt opening I would say that bolt through the pin has been missing for a period of time.

Aren’t you still missing the bolt that holds the pin in? The hole is still empty in your last picture. The missing bolt is why the pin backed out to begin with. Check the bolts on sny other pins too to make sure they are tight
I haven't got a new bolt yet. Picking one up this week.

Anyone have tips for getting the grease to distribute? Whenever I grease it just starts coming out the side and doesnt go anywhere but out.