AZ ranch

/ AZ ranch
#1,482  
IMG_2193.jpeg
Started working on a retaining wall the other day.

/ AZ ranch
#1,484  
IMG_2100.jpeg

I finished the electrical and the plumbing. The blue barrel I painted black today and filled it with water. The plan is that it will absorb heat during the day and then release it during the night.

/ AZ ranch
#1,485  
IMG_2094.jpeg

I transplanted my tomato plants into the green house and they are doing way better than they did all summer.
Last week I planted kale seeds and beet seeds. Both are coming up in the last couple days.
its been getting down to the mid twenties at night but it hasn’t gotten below 42 in the green house so far.
i might need some supplemental heat if we get down to the teens.
The. Daytime temps have been around 54 degrees lately. I have the exhaust fan set to kick on at 90 degrees. Otherwise it will get to over 100 in there.

/ AZ ranch #1,486  
I like the use of the blocks on their sides for your steps. Neat idea. Always enjoy following your projects. Jon

/ AZ ranch #1,487  
Nice tractor!

:)

Bruce

/ AZ ranch #1,488  
You're getting it done!!!! My wife is after me to build one so she can start her seeds in it before it's warm enough to plant them out in the garden. Do you have a garden too, or just the greenhouse?

/ AZ ranch
#1,489  
You're getting it done!!!! My wife is after me to build one so she can start her seeds in it before it's warm enough to plant them out in the garden. Do you have a garden too, or just the greenhouse?
We haven’t had a garden for several years but now that we are both retired and both here full time, we will attempt a garden also.

These outside raised beds are now full of dirt, manure, and compost, and will be ready for planting in the Spring. I still need to fence them in though.

Attachments

• 71684496490__322D3447-6134-4AAA-A200-A86000C6D24F.jpeg
    71684496490__322D3447-6134-4AAA-A200-A86000C6D24F.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 62
   / AZ ranch
#1,490  
The water barrel and a piece of insulation over the inside of the door made a big difference. Last night it got down to 22 degrees outside. In the green house it bottomed out at 52.