Auger Question

/ Auger Question #21  
I think the auger question has been fully answered but I have dug quite a few holes with my 2425 in widely varying types of soil. Up until a couple days ago, they were all with my 24" auger. In rock-hard clay and assorted rocks (like the first 10 holes), it was pretty slow going. It doesn't help that most of the holes I dig are with the 24" extension added that my dad welded up for me. The last two holes I dug a couple days ago were a complete dream...I was down 48" in about 90 seconds. Now you didn't hear it from me....but this fellow I know real well...actually used his 9" auger to drill through a 3.5" asphalt pad (because he didn't want to run to town to rent a concrete saw.) It was about 90 degrees that day and he took it very slow but it saved him about $75 and at least 2 hours of run-around time. The answer is yes...the 9 inch once started (or through the asphalt in my "buddy's" case) drills an incredibly fast hole and I almost went a foot deeper than intended.

Thanks to all for informing me about my PDH and getting the augers unstuck (which has never happened yet.)

/ Auger Question #22  
bmac, The hose connections on the auger head are not quick disconnects. I guess Hans's idea of using adapters to switch the male and female connectors at the tractor, would be the most economical and simple fix. Have a good one. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Auger Question
DelW, I think you are right. Its time to put this puppy to bed. Thanks to all who contributed.

I will add one more thing, though. After your last comment, I would suggest you do not dig any holes for awhile. You've set yourself up for your first stick.