Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor?

/ Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor? #51  
I think it'd be most helpful to know what the winch would be used for, and how often.

About two years ago I installed an 18K winch on one of the Unimogs, one of maybe two dozen winches I've added to various vehicles, basically to be able to upright a tractor if needed.

That was the most complicated mount to make to date, due to very little space to work with, but being able to pull the skid steer out a couple of times made it well worth it.

View attachment 849897
Was that for a UniMog PTO winch?

/ Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor? #52  
I'd love to see pics of it installed and your hydraulics connection to it.
I will plan on getting some pictures and posting them. I will probably be Wednesday before I have time. Long story, but my tractor shed is only 12' wide and I have to climb over stuff to get at the front of the tractor, and then I don't have lights in there. I will have to back the tractor out to take the pictures. I think the dealer did an excellent job on it, so I don't mind showing them.

/ Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor? #53  
Was that for a UniMog PTO winch?
No, there's no PTO capability on that particular model. It's used up by a pump for the rear hydraulics, which power the backhoe.

So I went with an electric 18K ComeUp. One big advantage is that it can be operated remotely, so I can be in stuck vehicle while winching.
DSCN4055.JPG
DSCN4097.JPG

/ Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor? #54  
I do think a capstan winch, either PTO, hydraulic, or Honda engine driven will be the way to go for me. Another thing to remember about electric winches is that if you are doing a recover at night (4wd, etc), you will also have the electrical load of your off-road lights.

/ Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor? #55  
I'd love to see pics of it installed and your hydraulics connection to it.
Here are some pictures I have of the tractor and installation. Hope this helps. The picture with the hoses is where they mounted the hoses with the quick connects so I could easily disconnect the winch and connect the hoses for the grapple.

Attachments

• 2024-002-14 Tractor012.jpg
    2024-002-14 Tractor012.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 2024-002-14 Tractor013.jpg
    2024-002-14 Tractor013.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 2024-002-14 Tractor014.jpg
    2024-002-14 Tractor014.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 2024-002-14 Tractor015.jpg
    2024-002-14 Tractor015.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • 2024-002-14 Tractor016.jpg
    2024-002-14 Tractor016.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
   / Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor? #57  
The picture with the hoses is where they mounted the hoses with the quick connects so I could easily disconnect the winch and connect the hoses for the grapple.
Is the winch hooked up to a third-function valve?

/ Attaching Winch to Front of Tractor? #59  
Is the winch hooked up to a third-function valve?
I added a second remote just for the winch/grapple on the front. I leave the original remote for the bachhoe.