Anybody seen the 2525 yet?

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #1  

grfok

Tractor
1946 Ford 2N
Has anybody seen the 2525 yet... not the ES25... Just curious if any of you dealers have taken delivery yet and what you think?.... I am 99% sure I want one but it's been two months waiting for one to show up at the dealer. Is everybody else in the same boat? Are their late problems or what is Mahindras hold up? Just curious and anxious to see one... for the $11500 it is suppose to be quite a tractor.

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #2  
grfok said:
Has anybody seen the 2525 yet... not the ES25... Just curious if any of you dealers have taken delivery yet and what you think?.... I am 99% sure I want one but it's been two months waiting for one to show up at the dealer. Is everybody else in the same boat? Are their late problems or what is Mahindras hold up? Just curious and anxious to see one... for the $11500 it is suppose to be quite a tractor.
Is this it ?
NEW MAHINDRA 2525 STANDARD 4-WHEEL DRIVE TRACTOR -Bill's tractor in Texas
Have not personally seen one yet

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #3  
They are out there I should be getting mine within a couple weeks..I have a lot full of tractors now and wanted to wait till the new month to take delivery of a truck load.

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet?
The one Bills has is the ES25 which is the same as the 2525 but it was the last trial version before stepped up production... Or so I was told...

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #5  
My dealer called-he finally got his February allotment in this week. Have not been able to see it yet, but should be able to get by in the next week to test drive. Will update everyone, and take some pictures.

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #6  
Just curious but doesn't a 98.7 ci diesel normally put out 30+hp? I'm wondering if it's underrated or de-tuned. At an operating weight of 1000lbs more than my 2615, that's some serious beef for the same relative hp. I'm also confused by Mahindra's site stating "Category 2 with telescopic check chains for lower links" in the description. Is it really cat2 at 25hp? Seems odd...

The Mahindra website is a bit innacurate. Bills Tractors specs on the 2525 match the brochure I got from my dealer. Yes it was a derated 30+ hp diesel.. as I was told it was to meet US EPA requirements. The hitch is a Cat 1 acording to the brochure.
I am very anxious to see this tractor I think it will be a lot of tractor for the $$

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #8  
The dealer's February 2525 allotment finally arrived, and it was one tractor (as opposed to the 8 he was expecting) Since I had reserved one during the first week in February, I got first dibs on this one Will be doing side by side comparison of 2525 and 2615 on Saturday morning. I will be leaving the dealership with one of these, and it all depends upon the quality of the 2525. I'll give it some leeway due to price point between the units. if its built well enough, I'll get it. If not, 2615 goes home with me. It's a win/win.

Thanks for the info, I look forward to hearing your opinion, I guess my dealer may be getting some soon then also... I too have dibs on the first one and planned the same comparison. The 2615 is a bit more $ and less lifting capacity and weight than the 2525 so I'm anxious to hear what your opinion is.
Thanks

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #10  
We have assembled and sold 4 of the 2525's so far. Light years ahead of anything we have ever seen from China (not really a Chinese tractor anyway since a fair amount of the parts are from elsewhere). No problems so far. Not really comparable with the 2615 though, completely different animal.

Buck