Anybody seen the 2525 yet?

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #11  
EFC said:
We have assembled and sold 4 of the 2525's so far. Light years ahead of anything we have ever seen from China . Not really comparable with the 2615 though, completely different animal.

Buck
That gives me a peaceful easy feeling. I would not like to know I paid more for less tractor than I have now.

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet?
Could you elaborate on the differences other than shuttle shift....wt quality etc

Could you comment on the differences? ie: Weight, capacity, shuttle shift, etc.

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #14  
Looked at the 2525 on Saturday. That's about all I could do with it. We got to the dealership about 8:30, and it was us and the General Manager. His sales staff was still in Vegas for the New Holland Trade Show. He came back early to man the store on Saturday. He sold two $200K excavators while he was there that morning, so not a bad way to spend a Saturday. And he did stay in Vegas long enough to catch the Sarah Evans concert, so he was happy.

Anyway, on to the 2525. Someone had left the key in the unit over night. Tractor would not start. We tried everything, including a jump start off his truck. Couldn't even get the lights, hazards, anything electrical, to come on. No crank at all after. This was more than a dead battery issue. Checked all of the electrical connections. Everything was in neutral, no seat belt interlock, kill switch was in the proper position. Nothing. Very disappointing. This is my 4th visit to the dealership to buy a tractor, and we have yet to make a purchase. GM called his regular salesman, who was still in Vegas for the New Holland show to find out how to start the darn thing. No luck there. After messing with it for nearly an hour, we never did get it running. And I did get to play in the dirt and get greasy, just not the way we intended. But we know it started at some point, because they drove it off the truck when it was delivered to the lot. Weird. Bad Omen?

ANYWAY, here are my observations:

Tractor quality is OK. I use that in the relative sense, as in "just ok" compaired to the 2615. The deck did not feel as rigid as the 2615 in a few spots toward the front, almost spongy. It does have a rubber mat covering, as opposed to the 2615, which does not. But that was not the difference. It was almost as if it was loose under the matting. But it was one solid piece, so that's not it. Just thinner material or not welded as securely?

FEL is not quick attach. No bucket level indicator. Looks like FEL will be a major pain in rear to remove and store. Engine access is much easier than 2615, with lift up hood, as opposed to hood and dropped sides on 2615. Brush guard on front is easy to drop for engine access. Tool box and cup holder are a bit of a joke, IMO, located on the fenders behind the seat. Tool box is not as big of an issue, since you won't be using tools and driving at the same time. It is small. Not much you can put in there. Cup holder-you have to twist around to reach it. Why bother? Better off getting one of those hardhats with the tubing that comes down to your mouth. At least that will hold two drinks.

Seat on the 2525 is spring loaded, which I imagine would take up alot of bounce from uneven ground and vibration. Seat has armrests, too. Dash is easy to read, and has guages and warning lights for everything, including PTO. Control layout seemed a bit awkward compared to the 2615. Throttle down low, and Shuttle Shifters for Forward/Reverse on the left side of the console, and gear selection on the right side of console. Not having gotten to actually drive it, not sure how this might play out in actual usage. PTO and FWD/RWD on the side, which seems normal to me.

Bucket is operated with joystick control, and has automatic float.

Package deal for tractor with FEL, 5' American cutter and 5' box blade is about $13,000(?)

Interesting note. While we were there, another couple came in specifically to see the 2525. This guy had been looking at gray market tractors in the area, and heard about the 2525. He dropped the gray market idea in favor of used when he saw the price on the 2525, terms, and warranty. Mahindra is going to sell alot of these units. Price point is good, and for the weekend warriors like myself and this guy, who are not going to be power users, they do make sense.

Still not buying until I drive it. They have set up a pile of dirt on the yard for buyers to compare not just feel, but actual bucket operation, etc..... I am hoping they can get this thing started today or tomorrow, then I'll go back over and play in the dirt for awhile and HOPEFULLY make a purchase. These guys must love their Mahindras-They sure are making me work to buy one.:D

Not trying to bag on the dealer. They have been very pleasant to deal with, and have not been doing the pushy hard sell, that I hate.

Thank you for the information. I personally got tired of waiting for them to come in and now am working a deal on the 3525. I would have liked 4wd but I really like the 3525 and it looks to be a substantial upgrade from my 9n.
I too think they will sell a bunch of the 2525 model if they get their act together.

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #16  
The non Q/tach loader was done to keep the price down, and that decission was made because most q/tach loaders that are sold, are never removed from the tractor.

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #17  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
The non Q/tach loader was done to keep the price down, and that decission was made because most q/tach loaders that are sold, are never removed from the tractor.

Is the non-running engine a means to meet rising emission standards?:D

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #18  
sseelhoff said:
Is the non-running engine a means to meet rising emission standards?:D

That's one way to skin that cat! ;) :D

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #19  
SSEELHOFF; Sounds like the dealer should spend less timed in Vegas and more time putting a professional product on the lot. This is not a problem with a particular model line this is a dealer problem. Even the 2615 without proper dealer setup wont start. We have had zero electrical issues with the 2525. In fact I was very happy to see the quality of the electrical components that were used.

Buck

/ Anybody seen the 2525 yet? #20  
grfok said:
Could you elaborate on the differences other than shuttle shift....wt quality etc

It is a lot like comparing a Toyota car with a Dodge van. Different tractor for different uses.

Buck