Another lackender order placed

/ Another lackender order placed
Re: NEWS FLASH ... PT HQ .. VISIT ... NEWS FLASH ONLY

had calcium filled tires!

we saw in the rebuilt shop a pt425 whos owners have elected to add this stuff. all it did is damage the protective casing around the openings of the rear wheels and in addition damaged the hydraulic motors ...

for the ones that have not visited tazwell ... the land for the most part is very steep and the people at pt and their local customers are very savvy about working on steep hillside. i also add my two cents to it. <font color=red>had calcium filled tires </font color=red> only on tractors with big backwheels are making a difference ... we in Switzerland with very steep hills never use these means to keep hillside small machinery operating more efficient. Dual tires ...YES... rebarb auxiliary dual wheels ... YES.

i wish there would be a solution other than buying an 1800 series hillside pt mower. at this time we are stuck with what we got in the 400 series, Ms. Wendy will check into what the status is, with an answer to the hillside front wheel rising when mowing syndrome, i know fellow pters that question has been posed a long time ago, and give us an appropriate response in the very near future ... she said.

for the rearing of the backside of the pt400 series when lifting is a slight problem. BUT by having in the finall lift the action the tractor absolutly straight and back up slowly to your next destination will help gratly. Adding weights, i have to agree with Mr. m.r. we add weight to the back and the hydraulic capability can lift at least 800 pounds (and then some). Yes ... Charlie or i can add weights to the back ... the vicious cycle never ends and the following forward or back is accentuated and borders rather dangerous situation on uneven ground. let alone that the articulation in this adding weight to the back is going to take the major brunt of the seesaw action and is very expensive to replace.

/ Another lackender order placed #62  
Re: NEWS FLASH ... PT HQ .. VISIT ... NEWS FLASH ONLY

Hans,

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Thanks for contributing your experiences with us. We will let you rest up a while before bombarding you with questions.

Duane