- hydraulic powered generator

PJ

/ Another lackender order placed
Re: We made the front page of TBN again

got it, thank you

/ Another lackender order placed #53  
PJ, hydraulic powered generator

PJ:

That wouldn't be too hard to build. Harbor Freight has a 10KW generator head (http://www.northerntool.com has a variety of hydraulic motors to choose from. You'd just need to build an attachable frame for it. Since you only need to carry it around (not dig with it!), you could probably use a bolted together frame rather than needing to weld it. Just a thought...

Dave

/ Another lackender order placed #54  
Re: PJ, hydraulic powered generator

Dave:
Thanks for the threads, will check into it. If I can use the hydraulics off the tractor this should save money and still get a large watt unit. We get a fair amount of lines down in the winter, summer is no problem.
PJ

/ Another lackender order placed #55  

Paul,

I don't know how much money you would save. A hydraulic motor, couplers, lines, quick disconnects all add up. Figure about $300 or more for the motor and hoses and stuff and you could by a gas motor for that much. Now, if you want to do it so that you don't have another gas engine to maintain, that's a different story. I could agree with that( remember I'm still looking at chippers and blowers to run off of the PT because I don't want so many gas engines to maintain ).

Having some expereince with my generator, I've found that when the power goes out, there is usually storm damage that I want to clean up. If the PT is tied up running the generator, you can't do the cleanup. Also, this tends to happen at night to me. I use the generator to run some lights to do clean up or for security. Also, my wife's family lives near. If one of them needs to borrow the generator, I take it over and hook it up. But there is no way I'm loning out my Power Trac /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

So, to me at least, the generator is about the only thing that I wouldn't want to run with the PT. Everything else in the garage should be converted to hydraulic!!! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif Hope this helps.

/ Another lackender order placed #56  

MossRoad:
Thanks for comments; you brought up a few points I had not considered.
Your correct about the need for tractor use during the time power is needed. Every time I turn around I seem to be fixing some gas motor. Need to reduce the number but this will not be one of them.
I'm most interested in using a lift that I can trim hedges using hydraulics for power.
PJ

Re: We made the front page of TBN again

Dear Pter,
if ever possible please post your wishes by tonight, Saturday 02 November 2002. We (Charlie and I) would like to consolidate all your wishes, questions and suggestions; then type them out so that we will be as organized as possible when we get to Tazwell tomorrow night.

Thank you in advance

hrl

NEWS FLASH ... PT HQ .. VISIT ... NEWS FLASH ONLY

For right now just an update, details later.

pt build one power dumper and sold it on the spot.
i will post an availability schedule in a longer poste ... later.

Sedgwood tried out Charlie's lackender hoe and the next day pt's version of a simulator make. well, he went with the pt backhoe .. his reasons were under other more speed in the curling action, compared to the lackender version. he is on his long way back to new York state via west Virginia scenic route .. a post is surely forthcoming.

Charlie is the proud owner of a new To...... Attachment. i know you will hear about it after he has done his civic duties ... what a suspense ... right?!?!?!?!

i learned allot, got to speak to the powers to be on the engineering side. we have some answers and some of the others will be forthcoming in the near future.

for #$98.00 i bought a new muffler made by pt for the 25 hp Kohler engine ...what a tank and by the way half of the internet wholesale price of Kohlers commercial version.

tried out a 4:1 bucket and liked the lightness, agility and responsiveness to level, spread and pickup various size of modified stock. the 4:1 bucket i tried is for the 1400 and 1800 series, we in the 400 series will have to wait for some weeks to get an availability date.

Ms. Wendy, Shawn, Terry, Don, Mike, Chris and all the others at pt have made our visit worthwhile, interesting and enlightening.

Wish You All Were There! Do you get my Swiss-Southern Drawl i picked up?!?!?

hrl

/ Another lackender order placed #59  
Re: NEWS FLASH ... PT HQ .. VISIT ... NEWS FLASH ONLY

Hans,
Thanks for the update, sounds like you guys are having a ball. Very interesting your comments and Sedgwoods regarding the PT hoe.
It has been quite here on the PT forum with you guys gone.
PJ

Re: NEWS FLASH ... PT HQ .. VISIT ... NEWS FLASH ONLY

had calcium filled tires!

we saw in the rebuilt shop a pt425 whos owners have elected to add this stuff. all it did is damage the protective casing around the openings of the rear wheels and in addition damaged the hydraulic motors ...

for the ones that have not visited tazwell ... the land for the most part is very steep and the people at pt and their local customers are very savvy about working on steep hillside. i also add my two cents to it. <font color=red>had calcium filled tires </font color=red> only on tractors with big backwheels are making a difference ... we in Switzerland with very steep hills never use these means to keep hillside small machinery operating more efficient. Dual tires ...YES... rebarb auxiliary dual wheels ... YES.

i wish there would be a solution other than buying an 1800 series hillside pt mower. at this time we are stuck with what we got in the 400 series, Ms. Wendy will check into what the status, with an answer to the hillside front wheel rising when mowing, is and give us an appropriate response in the very near future ... she said.

for the rearing of the backside of the pt400 series, i have to agree with Mr. m.r. we add weight to the back and the hydraulic capability can lift at least 800 pounds (and then some). Yes ... Charlie or i can add weights to the back ... the vicious cycle never ends and the following forward or back is accentuated and borders rather dangerous situation on uneven ground. let alone that the articulation in this adding weight to the back is going to take the major brunt of the seesaw action and is very expensive to replace.