Agrimetal Blade Type Aerator?

/ Agrimetal Blade Type Aerator? #1  

robertgalka

Tractor
Kubota L4060
I have been looking for a three point hitch core aerator but one of these came up for sale locally. Does anyone know anything about this type of aerator? They seem pretty rare. Do they work as well as the plug type? My soil is basically black gumbo and it is getting pretty packed in some spots from tractor traffic. I could convert this one to a core type, but it takes 80 spoons, that will cost quite a bit.

47B87927-6BA5-477C-AE82-4CD9C8D274E1.jpeg

/ Agrimetal Blade Type Aerator? #2  
I have been looking for a three point hitch core aerator but one of these came up for sale locally. Does anyone know anything about this type of aerator? They seem pretty rare. Do they work as well as the plug type? My soil is basically black gumbo and it is getting pretty packed in some spots from tractor traffic. I could convert this one to a core type, but it takes 80 spoons, that will cost quite a bit.

View attachment 829801
Spike type aerators have served us well on the farm. We get better penetration with spike type. Ken Sweet

/ Agrimetal Blade Type Aerator?
I ended up looking at it today, and it was a 48" not a 60". It's a little small to put on a tractor that is 70" wide. I just have mostly farm grass also.

/ Agrimetal Blade Type Aerator? #4  
I ended up looking at it today, and it was a 48" not a 60". It's a little small to put on a tractor that is 70" wide. I just have mostly farm grass also.
Yes, I agree, too small. Ken Sweet