Advertised loader lift capacities?

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I'm looking hard at the Kioti CK3510SE Cab and started to look at the Deere 3035, 3038, etc and their lift capacities are much lower.

Is Kioti fudging their specs or is really that much stronger?

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #2  
I have a 4010...great tractor but the loader is weak for my taste. What specs are you seeing?

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #3  
Unfortunately, there is no standard method the manufactures use to advertise this capability. Some state lift at the pins while others state lift at some distance from the pins. The later is more reflective of real world performance since most loads are some distance from the pins but there is no standard distance either.

A friend of mine needed to lift pallets of wood heating pellets. So, he brought a pallet load to the dealership. Good thing, cause the tractor the salesman told him would do the job based on advertised specs, would not!!

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #4  
Unfortunately, there is no standard method the manufactures use to advertise this capability. Some state lift at the pins while others state lift at some distance from the pins. The later is more reflective of real world performance since most loads are some distance from the pins but there is no standard distance either.
I agree with what you are saying. Even two exactly identical tractors may be able to lift different amounts because the loader relief valve may trip earlier on one than it will on the other. So lift ratings on FELs aren't worth getting too excited about. It is just a ballpark number.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities?
3510 says 1600lbs~ and the Deere is 800-1100 depending on comprable models. Keep in mind I am not too familiar with Deere.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #6  
What are you trying to lift?

Tractor manufactures usually do a pretty good job matching a loader to a machine. Whatever loader comes on the machine....you will have no issues lifting a bucket full of gravel, dirt, sand, etc.

Sure, some have stronger loaders. IT doesnt take a huge increase in cylinder size to get significantly more lift. Some manufactures do this, others dont. Everything comes in to play. The engineering of the loader mounting, front axle strength, machine weight, etc.

But some manufactures also put loaders on that in the real world, you are never gonna be able to make full use of them unless you chain the rear of the tractor to the ground.

So once you have reached usable lift capacity, and to keep the tractor stable, everything else is overkill.

But yes, some of the deere loaders are weaker than others. There are two loader options for the 3R series. The H160 is weaker and will barley lift over 7' high.The H165 however is more comparable to kioti, and will lift 8.5' high. Thats a huge difference.

Its just options to fill what people want.

What are your intended uses for the tractor and loader? Just general day to day moving dirt, stone, grading, etc. Or do you plan on digging stumps and moving pallets. Because being able to boast about having twice the lift capacity is pointless if you can only use half of that capacity because you cannot keep the rear end of the tractor down because you dont have 1000 pounds hanging off the 3PH

/ Advertised loader lift capacities?
I would be moving compost, 50 gallon barrels of chemicals, (tied to bucket or pallet).

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #8  
Also look at max lift height, time to lift to full height, cycle times, and can you run 2 functions at once ie. boom and curl

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #9  
If you get a chance check out this tractor 1300 lb lift

willy

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #10  
Also look at max lift height, time to lift to full height, cycle times, and can you run 2 functions at once ie. boom and curl
You won't notice a difference in loader capacity for those tasks. Or any tractor of that size for that matter.

So rule the loader out of your comparison. Rather focus on ergonomics, dealer support, other features, budget, etc.

Far more important thing to worry about other than a loader that can lift 1100 vs 1600 when you are moving only bucket loads of material and 500 pound barrels