Advertised loader lift capacities?

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #11  
Take the FEL OP manual and look at the loader lift graphs. These will give realistic lift values. It also depends on HOW you will be lifting. I lift VERY heavy objects - large rocks and large chunks of pine tree trunks.

I NEVER lift high. Just high enough( knuckle dragging ) so the grapple clears the ground. Some times it even leaves drag marks. At this low lift - I'm able to lift these heavy loads.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities?
You won't notice a difference in loader capacity for those tasks. Or any tractor of that size for that matter.

So rule the loader out of your comparison. Rather focus on ergonomics, dealer support, other features, budget, etc.

Far more important thing to worry about other than a loader that can lift 1100 vs 1600 when you are moving only bucket loads of material and 500 pound barrels
Good to know. I would be moving 1,000 pounds of pellets from time to time, but from back of truck bed to the ground.
Take the FEL OP manual and look at the loader lift graphs. These will give realistic lift values. It also depends on HOW you will be lifting. I lift VERY heavy objects - large rocks and large chunks of pine tree trunks.

I NEVER lift high. Just high enough( knuckle dragging ) so the grapple clears the ground. Some times it even leaves drag marks. At this low lift - I'm able to lift these heavy loads.
I agree, would not be lifting huge weights too high unless it were a bale. I'll try to find the FEL manuals, Kioti may not have that but will look. Dealers are limited in my area. We have Deere, Kubuta, Kioti and Massey.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #13  
It seems you are looking for a 35-40hp machine based on the kioti and the deeres you mention.

Is there a reason you arent looking at massey and kubota if you have dealers.

A kubota L3560 is actually a stronger machine than the kioti, but it is rich with features and drives up the cost. You could back down to a L3301 or 3901 and it will fall probably somewhere between the kioti and deere on specs, but is a basic "economy" machine that lacks some of the bells and whistles.

Not sure what massey currently has, but Id guess the have a few models that would be competitive

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #14  
Good to know. I would be moving 1,000 pounds of pellets from time to time, but from back of truck bed to the ground.

Keep in mind that the center of gravity of the pellets is a ways in front of the loader pins. If it's a sack on a pallet it's at the midpoint of the pallet which with the width of the pallet fork frame will be about 2' from the pins. You will need some extra capacity to handle the load's leverage on the loader.

Also the pallet forks add to the weight the loader will be lifting. Mine are inexpensive ones from palletforks.com and weigh about 350 lbs. Most of their weight is close to the pins though.

Picking up a pallet from a truck bed with forks on a tractor is pretty tricky, especially if you care about damaging the truck. When I do it I take it really slow. If it's a sack with loops that you lift from above it may be easier but the higher the loader goes the less capacity it has, and the closer the front of the tractor will be to the truck.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #15  
Keep in mind that the center of gravity of the pellets is a ways in front of the loader pins. If it's a sack on a pallet it's at the midpoint of the pallet which with the width of the pallet fork frame will be about 2' from the pins. You will need some extra capacity to handle the load's leverage on the loader.

Also the pallet forks add to the weight the loader will be lifting. Mine are inexpensive ones from palletforks.com and weigh about 350 lbs. Most of their weight is close to the pins though.

Picking up a pallet from a truck bed with forks on a tractor is pretty tricky, especially if you care about damaging the truck. When I do it I take it really slow. If it's a sack with loops that you lift from above it may be easier but the higher the loader goes the less capacity it has, and the closer the front of the tractor will be to the truck.
^This.
A pallet of pellets is 2000 lbs (50 each 40 lb bags), plus as stated above you have to figure in the weight of the pallet and the pallet forks.

The loader on my Kubota M7060HDC, if I remember correctly, is rated to lift ~ 2300 lbs. To lift these pallets off my trailer I have to make sure the front tires are aired up to 30 psi - else the tires squish down nearly to the rims. Also, I have to have my 6' rotary mower on the back of the tractor. If I don't, all I do is lift the rear of the tractor off the ground (there is no ballast in the rear tires). Even so, maneuvering around with that load on the forks has to be done slowly and carefully.
P1001476eptnbr.jpg

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #17  
   / Advertised loader lift capacities? #18  
Keep in mind travel conditions when carrying heavy loads. Turns and dips introduce some tricky dynamics.

You really have to have pretty level surfaces to work from when picking up loads. And sometimes when setting loads down (I stack the two back rows three high- front might do four but I only need enough crates for the current heating season):
StackingWoodCrates.jpg

Surface I'm working from is NOT level, though it's close enough. Crates have feet that have to rest on top edges of crate below. I sometimes have to push the crates on the pallet forks a bit (by hand) to help align things (and most of the time I have to shift the tractor approach around). Maybe about 1,000 lbs each: 1/3 cord of dry Big Leaf Maple. NOTE: my rear camera is dangling- haven't gotten around to reattaching!

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #19  
SIGH.Does anyone make a better tractor than Yanmar?:rolleyes:
Considering they are the only one I was ever broken down on a test drive, I would have to say Everyone else makes a better tractor than them.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #20  
I'll try to find the FEL manuals, Kioti may not have that but will look.
There is no 'lift graph' in the manual, just what you can find on their site: https://www.kioti.com/products/attachments/front-end-loaders/kl4030/

1835lbs "at 5 foot height" (which is weird 'cause the dealer's say its the same capacity as the 4010 was - 1835lbs "at full height". All the other specs are the same...so) Doesn't really matter though as it still pulls the rear tires off the ground with 450lbs in the tires and another ~600lbs hanging off the back if you try hard enough :)

Edit: This is what it takes to get 1800+lbs lift with these size tractors:

Last edited: