Loader Adjust uneven loader arms?

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
Since I have a JD 5525, a friend called me to ask me to help with an issue on his 5325 that he says has the same loader. I haven't been there yet for an in-depth look, but he tells me that the right front edge of his bucket hits the ground 2" before the left front does. Thinking the bucket or QA may be bent, I asked him to take the bucket off and just measure the pivot point distances from the ground. They measured the same; the right side was 2" lower than the left side.

Looking at how my loader is attached, I'm not sure I can see an easy way to adjust his loader arms. My only guess is that the very top bolt that bolts horizontally from the front going towards the rear of the tractor has a washer on it (both sides). If he added some washers to the left side top bolt that I'm talking about, wouldn't that lower the left front arm on his loader? I see no way to get his right side (which is lower) up. Would this work; lowering the left side loader arm to get it close to his right side? I backed that top bolt out on mine and it seemed to have several inches of threads on the 26mm bolt.

I haven't spent a lot of time ciphering on the matter, but it seems like there should be some way for him to correct this problem. When I quickly looked at his tractor I noticed that the right front edge of his (replaceable) bucket edge was worn quite a bit more than his left side. This tells me that he has had this issue for a while. Actually, he bought the tractor used and has only had it for about a year. It's entirely possible he bought it this way. No matter, he loves the tractor and clearly intends on keeping it. However, buying a new loader seems out of the question and not a reasonable option at this point. Any thoughts how he can fix his problem? I'm his "tractor guy", but I've never run across this issue. Hopefully the brain trust here will be able to give me a solution.

P. S. I did ask him to check tire pressures (thinking they could cause one side to be lower than the other), but he said they were within a pound or two of being even.

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #2  
Bent or I suspect is set up wrong.
There are procedures for installing the brackets and adjustments that can (and should) be made. If he can't decipher where they are at, then have him stop by his dealer and get the set-up paperwork.

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #3  
Is he close enough to bring his tractor to your location? If so, have him do that and put his loader on your tractor. If it is OK on your tractor his mounts are the problem. If it is not level on your tractor the loader is bent/sprung. Good luck.

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #4  
Maybe a bent cylinder rod that is binding, not fully retracting? Something else to check.

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #5  
I know this will sound too simple, I have seen the same thing with an under inflated tire. May not be obvious at a glance, yet can make a big differance.

MarkV

/ Adjust uneven loader arms?
I know this will sound too simple, I have seen the same thing with an under inflated tire. May not be obvious at a glance, yet can make a big differance.

MarkV

Thanks, that's why I added the "P.S." to the post. I agree with you, but I remembered to ask him that.

Zebra5, I hate to sound unhelpful to the guy, because I'd like to help. I just don't have the time or want to go through the trouble of putting his loader on my tractor.

He's out of warranty and is terrified of the expense of taking anything to a dealer. That's why I'm trying to come up with some fix. I think I should have the FEL manual at home since I bought my tractor new. Wouldn't my JD 5525 have come with a separate FEL manual, or am I mistaken? If so, maybe there is something in there about how to adjust his loader arms. Just because I haven't personally run across it, I have to think this isn't all that uncommon. He borrowed my 3/4" ratchet and socket set and said everything was tight.

I'm still scratching my head. It seems like there would be some adjustment somewhere, doesn't there? Or not? I really don't know.

/ Adjust uneven loader arms?
Dang, another senior moment! Sorry Dargo, I missed the P.S. :confused:

MarkV

Oh, no "sorry" please. I'm open for ideas. And, since that was in the "P.S." area, it was one that I thought about later and called him to check. Trust me, it wasn't one of my first thoughts. Thanks for the suggestion!

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #9  
Don't hurry to rush past the obvious.
(-:
Check front tire pressures before going any farther.
It doesn't much matter WHAT they are, just that they are (approx) the same as each other.
Could save Y'self a lot of time and trouble.

EDIT:
Ooops, Sorry MartkV, I missed your post the first time through.

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #10  
I'm still scratching my head. It seems like there would be some adjustment somewhere, doesn't there? Or not? I really don't know.

YES, there is adjustment.
If you post some pics of the FEL, will prolly be able to point to where they are. But not off the top of my head. :)