Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon
Thank you Drawthree, all those part numbers worked perfectly. Hydraulic filter is on and working, no leaks yet after a test run.

Quick question can't remember if I've seen it answered before: the Typhon type machines have a glass gauge on the hydraulic tank (left side hyd tank mount) that's both hydraulic fill level and temperature. Is the hydraulic fluid supposed to be filled to about the top of the gauge? Because mine came that way and after putting the filter on I added a little more to put it back to full again. The return port into the tank is a quart or two submerged when it's filled that far. Is this correct?
I'm glad the parts listing helped you out. And yes, I think it is supposed to be at about the top of the sight glass.

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #12  
On mine I have it about 2/3 up to the top of the sight glass. It allows for expansion of the oil as it heats up.

Still waiting on the adapter fittings. I received notice that the swivel one was on Backorder. Was a bit surprised on how small the filter head unit was in relation the filter.

Last edited:
   / Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #13  
Pretty ticked off at Discount Hydraulic Hose. Called them Monday about no progress on my order and was told they had just got in the part. They sent me a USPS tracking number but as of yet (Thursday) the USPS has not received it. Looking at my CC I see they billed me on Monday plus also placed a second pending amount that would in effect double charge if it goes through. So now I need to keep checking my account.

Bad enough to pay a high part price, and an outlandish shipping price, and end up with nothing after this much time. They sure will never see any business from me after all this is done.

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #14  
I got in the remaining parts in the afternoon mail. It took me a good hour to install the filter mostly because my return hydraulic line was short. Having to get the hose pulled and stretched enough to allow the swivel nuts to tighten on either side of the filter assembly was a fight. Especially with hydraulic oil making my hands slippery and the tight working area where all this stuff is at.

Filled back up the hydraulic oil and ran it a bit to check for problems. It seems to be A-OK.

Once again my thanks to "drawthree" for providing the part numbers. I likely would have not bothered with a filter if I had to try and figure things out myself.

Attachments

• PHO00011.JPG
    PHO00011.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
   / Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon
I'm glad it worked out for you. It's interesting that the return line was so tight on your machine - mine had plenty of length. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they don't have a specific length they use all the time. I bet as long as it reaches or isn't so long it could be cut up for two uses they just go with it.