Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #1  

drawthree

Tractor
Typhon Terror X
I got a chance today to get a hydraulic filter and temperature sensor plumbed into the return line on my Typhon mini-x today. I thought I'd share a couple pictures and part numbers of what I used in case anyone else has a similar machine and needs to add a filter.

I needed two fittings to go from the metric din fittings to ntp on the filter head - those are:

5307L-15-08
5007L-15-08

The filter head and filter I used are:

Buyers FH625
Baldwin BT839-10

I also added a temperature sensor into one of the ports on the filter head so I can make sure I'm not overheating the system. The pictures of the gauge are one with the machine off and the other running and warmed up a little.

Attachments

• 20240127_153132.jpg
    20240127_153132.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • 20240127_154456.jpg
    20240127_154456.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • 20240127_153710.jpg
    20240127_153710.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
   / Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon
Someone in a different thread asked about where I bought the parts -- the fittings were from a local hydraulic shop and the other stuff was:

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #3  
I got a chance today to get a hydraulic filter and temperature sensor plumbed into the return line on my Typhon mini-x today.
Very nice.

It is amazing what kind of LCD gauges you can buy these days, cheap. Your engine probably puts out plenty of current for these.

I got this LCD AC/DC voltmeter for my old Onan generator I refurbished. It was only $10-15.

Attachments

• Onan_running.jpg
    Onan_running.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 29
   / Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #4  
Th
I got a chance today to get a hydraulic filter and temperature sensor plumbed into the return line on my Typhon mini-x today...

...I needed two fittings to go from the metric din fittings to ntp on the filter head - those are:

5307L-15-08
5007L-15-08

The filter head and filter I used are:

Buyers FH625
Baldwin BT839-10
Thanks for that! Just ordered the parts.

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #5  
Someone in a different thread asked about where I bought the parts -- the fittings were from a local hydraulic shop and the other stuff was:

That was I and I appreciate you providing the part list. Out of curiosity, to get enough slack to use the same return hose but to your new filter housing, was there any thing special you had to do? Just looking at my Typhon the hose seems fairly tight. Otherwise it looks like an easy install if I get the parts.

No there was enough slack/movement in my return line to use it as is. I just had to move it so it routes above the pump housing instead of below it.

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #7  
Went ahead and ordered the parts. Most were not a bad price with the exception of the swivel adapter ($27!) Can't say I like the shipping cost from DiscountHydraulicHose.com much either. Getting $15 for shipping two small brass fittings is excessive. Just could not source them elsewhere. All told with tax and shipping my price was $84.30 to add filtration.

Went ahead and ordered the parts. Most were not a bad price with the exception of the swivel adapter ($27!) Can't say I like the shipping cost from DiscountHydraulicHose.com much either. Getting $15 for shipping two small brass fittings is excessive. Just could not source them elsewhere. All told with tax and shipping my price was $84.30 to add filtration.
Yeah I got lucky being able to source the fittings from a local shop - it was only about $20 total for both fittings that way.

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #9  
I just ordered the fittings from a random site I found called onehydraulics.com. You can get both fittings there for about $20 total plus $15 shipping. Better by far than the $35-$50+ the major sites want for the 5307L-15-08.

/ Adding Hydraulic Filter on Typhon #10  
Thank you Drawthree, all those part numbers worked perfectly. Hydraulic filter is on and working, no leaks yet after a test run.

Quick question can't remember if I've seen it answered before: the Typhon type machines have a glass gauge on the hydraulic tank (left side hyd tank mount) that's both hydraulic fill level and temperature. Is the hydraulic fluid supposed to be filled to about the top of the gauge? Because mine came that way and after putting the filter on I added a little more to put it back to full again. The return port into the tank is a quart or two submerged when it's filled that far. Is this correct?