Adding grab hooks on front bucket, 2 or 3 hooks?

/ Adding grab hooks on front bucket, 2 or 3 hooks?
I put one on each side and a receiver in the middle. Can use it with a hook or with a ball mount to move trailers.

You made me realize I'm not thinking clearly today. I need a receiver in the middle anyway, so . . .

The largest wire my mig will run is .035. Is this big enough to do hooks on a bucket? Sorry to hijack the thread…. But I need to do hooks this winter on the new bucket.

I've welded 1/4 plate with .035. Amps and wire speed as well as the speed of moving the torch should adjusted for best penetration.

Thanks for the replies. I should not post before my 2nd cup. I ordered a weld on receiver to put in the middle just yesterday, so . . .

yes, I would do the same as RjCorazza one on each end and one in the middle... If you want to lift something and keep it stable, you will want to use the two on the side and if you want to pull something then you would use the one in the middle.
Aha! Saves me the trouble of looking dumber than I already proved. I was gonna ask how to best use the three. Now no one needs to know I did not know . . . oh, wait.

/ Adding grab hooks on front bucket, 2 or 3 hooks? #15  
About to order some weld on grab hooks for front bucket for B21. 54 inches wide or so.

Was going to put 2 hooks a few inches in from each end, but have seen some with 3, one in middle.

Any real reason to put a middle one in?
3 hooks, one in middle hook facing up and two on top leading edge facing toward tractor

3 hooks, one in middle hook facing up and two on top leading edge facing toward tractor
"leading edge"? Open or closed end? Everyone I've seen has the open end of the hook facing back toward the operator.

/ Adding grab hooks on front bucket, 2 or 3 hooks? #17  
Something a bit different...
bucket-jpg.683633

eyes-3-jpg.684516

slots-3-jpg.684517

/ Adding grab hooks on front bucket, 2 or 3 hooks? #18  
I've welded 1/4 plate with .035. Amps and wire speed as well as the speed of moving the torch should adjusted for best penetration.
What would you consider a hook? When setting the welder For thickness? 1/4“ for a 3/8” hook?

What would you consider a hook? When setting the welder For thickness? 1/4“ for a 3/8” hook?
No idea yet. Have to measure the thickness and go from there.

The ones I ordered do not show the thickness. None of the ads did. They are all beveled at the weld edge so, I guess I'll start low and check penetration. Gotta tack it in place anyway, so I'd use that as a hint.

Gotta consider the thickness of what you're welding it onto as well. Don't want to blow through it and make more work.

/ Adding grab hooks on front bucket, 2 or 3 hooks? #20  
I put 3 hooks on my bucket. 2 outside in line with the loader arms, and 1 in the center.
Same here...but in my case, I use the center hook for light stuff and the outer hooks used for heavier or unwieldy loads. Using the out hooks spreads the load