Adding electric connector port

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Adding electric connector port #11  
Just put the post extensions on the tractor. Bought the kit linked to in post #5 and promptly tossed the cable aside. I cut some 4g welding lead off the spool I keep and soldered copper lugs on. I prefer to crimp but I only had 2g cable lugs and solder and shrink wrap was the best available solution. The cables that came with the kit had the wrong ends on them for me plus the cable was 4g covered in 1/2 inch of insulation.
I needed to drill a 1" hole for the 2 cables to exit the bottom of the battery compartment. It was a pain in the butt to install but should make fueling a lot easier. No more popping the hood connecting the clamps, closing the hood pinching the pump leads. Fueling then popping, the hood removing the clamps, closing the hood.... just remove the rubber covers and clamp on the exposed terminals.
Another bad is the rubber caps are a loose fit so I foresee losing them after a bit.
Phew!

Attachments

• IMG_2881.JPG
    IMG_2881.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 78
   / Adding electric connector port #12  
   / Adding electric connector port
Scootr,

What wire are you using from your remote poles to your fuel pump?

…and which fuel pump do you have?

Nice looking setup, BTW…

I'm not familiar with Kubota… is that a plastic floor in the battery compartment you drilled through?

/ Adding electric connector port #14  
Thread locked, duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.