Adding electric connector port

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Adding electric connector port #1  

S854

Silver Member
Tractor
‘67 MF 135 Deluxe / ‘22 Kioti CK2610 HST/Bad Boy ZT Elite 54”
I’m deliberating adding an 12v outlet to my tractor… currently (pun intended) having three items I wish to connect I’m thinking of a quick connect like this:

View attachment 768827

In the past I connected items via alligator-style clips.. not exactly easy and screwing around with battery clamps isn‘t on my favorite-things-to-do list… also, driving around with my spot sprayer I’m concerned with the battery clip moving and shorting out… not good…

The items I want to connect are:

1-Fill Rite fuel pump
2-Spot sprayer
3-Battery Tender

If I were to place the female connector in a permanent, convenient location on the tractor.. I would then have three male connectors I could attached to the various electric items… each of my intended items has a shut-off switch so the risk of sparking while plugging in would be reduced…

The above outlet/plug is rated for 80 amps …edit: rereading, it’s rated for 50 amps…(I think I’m safe there ;)), is waterproof (it’s a trolling motor connection) and accepts 6/8/10 AWG wire… I’ll probably be safe with 10 AWG and a 20 amp fuse…

Anyone done something similar? Anything I’m overlooking? Am I complicating the heck out of this (hey, it’s fun adding farkles to my new toy…)

Last edited:
   / Adding electric connector port #2  
That looks good. 80 amps is plenty of capacity. Waterproof is good too. I was wanting something similar for the fuel transfer pump. I was going to use an SB50 connector just hanging out of the battery compartment area but I like your idea, more sanitary and H2O proof is appealing. I don't see how you additional male ends without buying the whole thing again? That gets pricey so I posted the question about additional male ends on Amazon.

Last edited:
   / Adding electric connector port
…I don't see how you additional male ends without buying the whole thing again? That gets pricey so I posted the question about additional male ends on Amazon.
I was think the same thing… kinda spendy…

Let me know if you hear anything back from Amazon regarding individual male connectors…

/ Adding electric connector port #4  
my cab dk45 came with one. but ive never had a call to use it. just a standard car style.

/ Adding electric connector port #5  
my cab dk45 came with one. but ive never had a call to use it. just a standard car style.
Those still work. But not real durable outside. Mine rusted beyond use in the old tractor.
S854 - I will get a notice if someone responds to my question and I post the result here.
Meantime I have this in my shopping cart as most everything I want to power has clips on it already.

Attachments

• Capture 9.JPG
    Capture 9.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
   / Adding electric connector port #6  
Looks good, you could also consider the Anderson Power connectors;
1667401686835.png

There is also the connector that is standard on many of the full sized tractors;

A&I PRODUCTS Outlet, Socket. A-RE48525​

This connector is designed to have a ground, a constant hot and a switched hot.
It is often used for electric controls and monitors on tractors.

/ Adding electric connector port #7  
Think I would go with power pole connectors as louNY suggests..... At 12 volts dc shock hzard is not issue and if you use a good silicone (light bulb/dielectyric) grease corrosion should not be issue....

/ Adding electric connector port #8  
You can also potentially consider a trailer connector. It would be weatherproof and a lot cheaper but not sure about the 80amps

/ Adding electric connector port #9  
I chose the post extensions because:
I'm tired of opening the tractor hood and closing it on my cables to pump fuel into the fill neck in the hood.
I didn't want to change the clip ends on my fuel pump because I use it on other equipment also. Although I did think I could make up another SB50 adapter with the old clips attached. Just didn't really want a dangling SB50 connector in the front of the tractor.
This just turned out to be the easiest for me. Will post pics in what did you do for your tractor today when the mod is complete.

For charging and fueling 20 amps should be more than enough.

/ Adding electric connector port

Those still work. But not real durable outside. Mine rusted beyond use in the old tractor.
Mine didn't come with any power outlet... so I'm starting from square one...

FWIW.. my original idea was to install a PowerLet socket... same size and space constraints as the standard "cigarette lighter" but much more robust...''

Powerlet.png
While searching for the Powerlet, the 50 amp, marine socket magically appeared on my Amazon search page... which brought me to today

Status
Not open for further replies.