57 code on JD 4720

/ 57 code on JD 4720 #1  

southernboy

Bush hogging in tall brush on my food plots and ran over a hidden stump. Tractor stopped moving and a 57 code came up. pulled the tractor to the barn and went online. Most posts said Hydrostatic controller fault, check fuse, wiring and then control box. I didn't find any wires or plugs pulled ( there are a lot of them!) The control box seems to be underneath right behind the pedals. It looks like no damage. I called the 2 dealers near me. Neither could give me a guestimate on price. Since I can't get it on my trailer ( no winch) they want a bundle to come get it. I have had maintenance issues with both companies. They both like plug and pay style of fixing things and most of their mechanics work on gators, zero turns and garden tractors. Any ideas before I bite the bullet and send it to them. I had posted recently about replacing it as it is getting old and breaking more often ( this time it was my fault) but got sticker shock and was hoping to wait for covid supply chains to get back to normal and hopefully more sane prices. I did find a 2018 kubota m6060 for mid 30's that might be solution . Any help in checking the system or where the wiring or the module is would be appreciated

/ 57 code on JD 4720 #2  
Sorry to hear you are down.

Sounds like a service tech manual for your 4720 would help.

/ 57 code on JD 4720 #3  
I googled it and it is related to the hydro stat. If it’s not the wiring it appears it’s usually the controller which seems to often need replaced.

/ 57 code on JD 4720 #4  
error code #57-

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 9.40.43 PM.png

/ 57 code on JD 4720 #5  
southernboy, check your private messages

/ 57 code on JD 4720
I would like to thank joecdeere for his help. I am up and running again without the cost of a dealer pickup and diagnosis. Saved big bucks!

/ 57 code on JD 4720 #7  
I would like to thank joecdeere for his help. I am up and running again without the cost of a dealer pickup and diagnosis. Saved big bucks!
Can you tell us what you found and what you fixed? Helpful to your thread for other TBN'rs down the road.. It is what adds strength and value to TBN
tks

/ 57 code on JD 4720 #8  
I would like to thank joecdeere for his help. I am up and running again without the cost of a dealer pickup and lad To hear ya got it fixed

Glad she’s up and working! Feels so good to fix it yourself!

/ 57 code on JD 4720
Ended up being a loose connector and a blown fuse. The fuse box has 2 30amp ,4 20 amp and 1 10 amp. Care to guess which one powers the hydrostatic transmission control module? That little 10amp. That could have been an expensive fuse. I have had that tractor since 2005 and that is the first transmission problem I have had.