4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line

/ 4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line #1  

jcalla

Silver Member
Tractor
4720, 455
Happened when I was curling my stump bucket. It was about an inch long, looked like someone sliced it with a razor. I had already done the heavy work removing the stump. Has anyone ever had this happen? I took it off and closed it back up and silver soldered it. Works fine.

/ 4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line #2  
Have had a similar split in a hydraulic line, and just bought a new one to replace it. Good to hear that you are good with the silver solder fix.

/ 4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line #3  
silver solder can hold 5k psi? that's pretty impressive

/ 4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line #4  
Mine split on my 4320. but mine had help from the brother in law.
who drove over a tree and had a 2 inch diameter branch, wedged itself between the lines . these are hard lines , and can't take any flex without splitting.

/ 4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line
I split the hydraulic line again. I repaired it with silver solder but I need to replce the steel line. I cannot find the individual line on JD parts. It is the curl ine for the bucket. It goes from the block to the loader. Can anyone tell me how I identify the part number?

JPC

/ 4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line #7  
I split the hydraulic line again. I repaired it with silver solder but I need to replce the steel line. I cannot find the individual line on JD parts. It is the curl ine for the bucket. It goes from the block to the loader. Can anyone tell me how I identify the part number?

JPC
Go to jd parts and look up the part number. Assume this line is not on the loader or you would give us the loader model, but you can match it up here.

Been There,

Been There,
Thanks for your reply. The link did not show the line. The model loader is 400R with full (6) connectors. It is the lowest line one the disconnect plate from the tractor to the loader. The other end is the second from the front on the block underneath the right side of the cab.

JPC

/ 4720 Split Steel Hydraulic Line #10  

JPC

Have you thought about just coupling it together with a couple of Swagelok compression fittings? They're made for high pressure stainless steel applications. Easy to just cut out a short section and couple in a new one.

I fixed a line on a Kubota like that years ago while I was waiting for the new line to be shipped to me. The new line is still hanging in the barn in the plastic package.

FWIW. Might be an option.

Last edited: