3pt Fork Lift

/ 3pt Fork Lift #11  
I have a similar unit it works quite well, definitely works better with a hydraulic toplink,

Attachments

• removing weights 4.jpg
    removing weights 4.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20180111_113547661.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20180111_112610294.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 117
   / 3pt Fork Lift #12  
I was just trying to calculate how much down pressure on the 3pt if tractor pressure was put to a large cylinder. Add that number to the weight of the lift @ 500lbs. The final lift potential might be much more than what is considered safe for the tractor of this size.:2cents:

Tractor Tools Direct - CM 3-Point Forklift - YouTube

Forklifts don’t have down pressure unless it’s one of the 3 wheeled delivery forklifts. Even a little forklift will lift a lot so it’s probably going to wheelie the tractor.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #13  
Forklifts don’t have down pressure unless it’s one of the 3 wheeled delivery forklifts. Even a little forklift will lift a lot so it’s probably going to wheelie the tractor.

I know there is no HYDRAULIC down pressure. I was talking about pressure or weight on the 3pt while lifting an object.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #14  
It seems like that big single acting cylinder would need a lot of oil to lift to full height. Is that going to cause problems for your tractor??

That's a very good point. Single action cylinders deplete the oil. Your tractor doesn't have a huge reservoir, a gallon disappearing into the cylinder can cause your reservoir to run dry.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #15  
I know there is no HYDRAULIC down pressure. I was talking about pressure or weight on the 3pt while lifting an object.

Unless you’re taking the mast off the smallest of forklifts lifting the front of the tractor off the ground will be the weak link. My forklift is pretty hefty for a warehouse model weighing 12,000 pounds but I’ve lifted and moved 10,000 pound loads with it. I attempted a 15,000 pound load which it almost did. And even then it was lifting the back off the ground not stalling the hydraulics. My buddy has a much smaller Toyota that weighs about 6500 pounds and it effortlessly moves 2500 pound pallets. Forklifts are small but mighty.IMG_7634.JPG

/ 3pt Fork Lift #16  
Unless you’re taking the mast off the smallest of forklifts lifting the front of the tractor off the ground will be the weak link. My forklift is pretty hefty for a warehouse model weighing 12,000 pounds but I’ve lifted and moved 10,000 pound loads with it. I attempted a 15,000 pound load which it almost did. And even then it was lifting the back off the ground not stalling the hydraulics. My buddy has a much smaller Toyota that weighs about 6500 pounds and it effortlessly moves 2500 pound pallets. Forklifts are small but mighty.View attachment 628813

No, the 3pt of the OP's tractor might be the weak link. Just because a forklift mast can lift a heavy weight doesn't mean a small tractor can safely support it.

Last edited:
   / 3pt Fork Lift
I use my set of small 3pt forks to lift 800-1k. Based on the weight of the mast itself I'm going to keep a close eye on it lifting over 500lbs.

It's not going to end moving tons of pellets, but it sure beats unloading steel or or bags of mulch from the truck bed by hand.20191103_124806.jpeg

/ 3pt Fork Lift #18  
No, the 3pt of the OP's tractor might be the weak link. Just because a forklift mast can lift a heavy weight doesn't mean a small tractor can safely support it.

The lifting attachment is almost certainly stronger than the other weak links. I doubt you’d hurt the 3 point before the front of the tractor lifts off the ground. One modification that would make it better is moving the mast closer to the axel.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #19  
That's a very good point. Single action cylinders deplete the oil. Your tractor doesn't have a huge reservoir, a gallon disappearing into the cylinder can cause your reservoir to run dry.

Install a surge tank to hold the additional oil with an overflow to the system reservoir. It would have to be a closed system.

Ron

/ 3pt Fork Lift #20  
Install a surge tank to hold the additional oil with an overflow to the system reservoir. It would have to be a closed system.

Ron

Right but I'm not seeing that on his. I have 2 kubota's, it doesn't take more than a quart to go from the bottom of the dipstick to the top, he's going to run it dry. Since the hydraulics are shared with the engine/transmission, that can cause some real damage very fast without an aux tank.