3pt Fork Lift

/ 3pt Fork Lift #1  

LFEngineering

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B1700, IH Cub Lo-Boy 185( Sold) & Deutz Allis 5215 (Sold)
I've wanted to build this for years, but never found the right parts forklift. That was until a few weeks ago.

It's a little on the heavy side weighing in at 500lb empty, but I plan on doing some weight reduction in the coming weeks.

The forks offer a 6ft lift height, not including the lift of the 3pt itself.

The forklift cylinder is a single action and my aux circuit is dual action so I plumbed the return line into transmission tank with a spare QD allowing the pressure to dump when lowering.

20191105_160239.jpg20191106_193453.jpg20191106_193728.jpg20191106_193817.jpg

/ 3pt Fork Lift #2  
Nice. Congratulations.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #4  
How much hydraulic pressure do you have available to the fork lift cylinder and what diameter is the lift cylinder?

/ 3pt Fork Lift #5  
How much hydraulic pressure do you have available to the fork lift cylinder and what diameter is the lift cylinder?

Not very much because a forklift uses big cylinders and the leverage disadvantage is only 2-1. A tractor operating pressure would be plenty.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #6  
That's a rugged looking unit. You will find a lot of uses for it.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #7  
Not very much because a forklift uses big cylinders and the leverage disadvantage is only 2-1. A tractor operating pressure would be plenty.

I was just trying to calculate how much down pressure (total weight exerted on 3pt from lifting with forks + fork unit) on the 3pt if tractor pressure was put to a large cylinder. Add that number to the weight of the lift @ 500lbs. The final lift potential might be much more than what is considered safe for the tractor of this size.:2cents:

Tractor Tools Direct - CM 3-Point Forklift - YouTube

Last edited:
   / 3pt Fork Lift #8  
Nice :thumbsup:

An hydraulic top link is very nice in this application as it allows you to tilt the mast.

That's a very common setup here for the orchard farms to move plastic pallet boxes full of fruit around.

/ 3pt Fork Lift #9  
What are you planning on lifting with it? What are your 3pt arms rated at? My kubota is only rated at 1300lbs at the bar, less at 24".

/ 3pt Fork Lift #10  
It seems like that big single acting cylinder would need a lot of oil to lift to full height. Is that going to cause problems for your tractor??