Price Check 353 Capability & Price?

/ 353 Capability & Price? #1  

chazzy

Bronze Member
I will be visiting a TYM dealer for the first time this coming weekend, and I've been eyeing on 353 (because of 0% finance for 60 mo). I talked to the dealer owner and he recommends a gear drive instead of HST for the work I would do - clearing brushes on 5-acre field using a 60" New Holland 918H flail mower (see photo). I've been using a 1973 Ford 2000 3-cyl diesel for a several years, but that needs to be retired/gone now.

> What would be a typical selling price of a new 353 (gear) with a FEL?
> Do you think 353 would have a sufficient power to pull the 918H?
> Do you think gear drive would be better for this kind of job than the HST?

Any suggestion/input that would help my tractor shopping would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• New Holland Flail Mower 918H 60.jpg
    New Holland Flail Mower 918H 60.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
   / 353 Capability & Price? #2  
back in November I was quoted $21500 for a gear model w/loader - but that was before the dealership had an idea of when they'd actually be showing up.
no clue what you'd be looking at now, sorry.

/ 353 Capability & Price? #3  
I bought 330 HST (33 HP, three cylinder Kubota diesel) about 18 months ago for 22000 including all taxes, a bush hog, box blade, post hole digger and front loader. So far it has about 120 hours of mostly FEL work without problems. Only complain I would have is low quality of paint on the operator platform and cylinders.

/ 353 Capability & Price?
I just got a call from the dealer I would visit this weekend and he gave me a rough estimate for a 353 gear unit he has in his shop. He said w/ a FEL, it would be about $19.5K before tax. I will go check it out. I will compare that with Kioti CK35 that I will also check out.
Thanks for your input gents.

Chaz

/ 353 Capability & Price? #5  
if the 353 is anything like my TYM built Mahindra 3510, it should make a good impression.
I test drove a DK40 before making my decision.

/ 353 Capability & Price? #6  
if the 353 is anything like my TYM built Mahindra 3510, it should make a good impression.
I test drove a DK40 before making my decision.

TYM 330 is identical to Mahindra 3510 except TYM is HST. 353 is similar but has more power 35HP from Mitsubishi 4inL as opposed to 33HP Kubota 3inL.