Loader 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities

/ 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities #11  
Have been using a 5' rotary mower on my 4300 with 32 hp and have never experienced a lack of power, regardless of being in brush or in heavy, tall grasses. And before the 4300, had good results from my older 2-cyl 420 tractor w/26 hp

/ 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities
Add in the price of fluids (Hyd, engine, coolant), filters, and belts. The 4110 is due for a valve adjustment too. Tire tread? Worn bucket edge?

Hogging a wide open space or going into woodlots or between/ around trees? Larger is better in the former, can be limiting in the later.
Have you got something specific that needs to be lifted? A pallet of something at a specific weight, a few snowmobiles, or just loose bucket loads of aggregate/sand/horse manure?

My personal experience with the JD FEL lift spec is it seem optimistic in real life application. Don't forget to subtract the weight of the bucket/forks from actual lifting capability. And then realize that anything you lift (other than a thin slab of steel stood on edge) is going to be extended out from the pin point. 500mm is less than 20 inches.

Personally, I find myself wishing for more FEL lift capability occasionally (not always). Moving soils et al just results in more trips. But there are things that can't be lifted, such as equipment/pallets being delivered, large rocks, snowmobiles unless you have bigger capability.

Good luck

The 1000hr svc was done by the dealer and my lot is full of trees and obstacles including a ditch that will need a bridge on it to cross the other side. I have no snowmobiles or pallets to move around or hay bales.
At most move mulch and dirt and eventually do some hobby farming work.

/ 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities #13  
So I have few acres and thinking going compact rather than large. The smaller unit comes with a boat load of attachments including mower at $11k but no bushhog at 900hrs while the 3038 comes with FEL and BH only at $19k with only 55hrs.

You need to determine if you need Hp or a larger machine. In other words, Are you going to be using the tractor for ground engaging/FEL work or running a mower? The 3038 is about 50% larger Weight, rear lift capacity, tires, etc.) than the 4110. In addition, the front tires on the 4110 are fairly small (5.00-12). Even if the loader could handle more, the tires really couldn't.

/ 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities #14  
The 1000hr svc was done by the dealer and my lot is full of trees and obstacles including a ditch that will need a bridge on it to cross the other side. I have no snowmobiles or pallets to move around or hay bales.
At most move mulch and dirt and eventually do some hobby farming work.
sounds like a 4110 will be all that you need. It should be fine moving dirt/mulch/etc. It could even do some earth moving chores (don't know if you are suggesting that you will be building the bridge), things just take a little longer. I did allot w/ my Kubota 9200 which is a similarly sized machine to the 4110.

I have never wanted more Hp, but always wanted more machine. When I got my JD 4500 I never regretted the size. The Kubota does not get much love anymore...

/ 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities #15  
...My personal experience with the JD FEL lift spec is it seem optimistic in real life application. Don't forget to subtract the weight of the bucket/forks from actual lifting capability. And then realize that anything you lift (other than a thin slab of steel stood on edge) is going to be extended out from the pin point. 500mm is less than 20 inches.

Personally, I find myself wishing for more FEL lift capability occasionally (not always). Moving soils et al just results in more trips. But there are things that can't be lifted, such as equipment/pallets being delivered, large rocks, snowmobiles unless you have bigger capability.

Good luck
If anything, the specs on my loader (a 460 loader on my JD4500) are pessimistic. But this entire machine is underated in my opinion.

You are correct about FEL lift capacity - I have never wanted less. Even when not at full capability, having reserve is reassuring as it does offer you additional control. Even moving dirt/gravel having more capacity lets you dig in deeper lift faster, etc. not all dirt is unfrozen, loose/fluffy, etc. But, as I said in my previous post, the FEL needs to be balanced to the tractor that it is mounted to, which seems to be the case for the two machines the OP is asking about.

If anything, the specs on my loader (a 460 loader on my JD4500) are pessimistic. But this entire machine is underated in my opinion.

You are correct about FEL lift capacity - I have never wanted less. Even when not at full capability, having reserve is reassuring as it does offer you additional control. Even moving dirt/gravel having more capacity lets you dig in deeper lift faster, etc. not all dirt is unfrozen, loose/fluffy, etc. But, as I said in my previous post, the FEL needs to be balanced to the tractor that it is mounted to, which seems to be the case for the two machines the OP is asking about.

I ended up with neither the 4110 or the 3038e. Ended up buying the 2720

I think the 2720 is good choice.. Good luck with it..

Thank you, now if only the rain lets up so i can start using it.

/ 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities #19  
Add in the price of fluids (Hyd, engine, coolant), filters, and belts. The 4110 is due for a valve adjustment too. Tire tread? Worn bucket edge?

Why do you say the 4110 needs a VALVE adjustment ? Nothing in the owners manual. The only valve mentioned is on the air cleaner rubber seal.

/ 3038 vs 4110 loader capabilities #20  
AgentBlue quoted reply #10.. from al3