Backhoe 3 POINT HITCH BACKHOES

/ 3 POINT HITCH BACKHOES #11  
Not trying to sound egotistical or snotty (sometimes written words have a tendency to JUMP off the page at someone...BUT...)

Would you also buy a shovel thinking you're not going to step down too hard when you dig? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Why spend thousands of dollars for something that isn't everything it could be? When there is a choice that isn't too much more $$$?

If you hit the search link on this site and type in backhoe I'll be a lot of stuff will come up, without repeating it all here I'll just say IMHO they are worthless, dangerous and destructive to the tractor, even if you operate them carefully.

I'm not that hot even on some of the standard frame mount units. It took a lot of manufacturing and welding to make my frame mount Ford NH into a tight unit, where the loader and backhoe were linked and where there was NO movement of the backhoe and its frame in relation to the tractor when the hoe was used. A backhoe can be a terribly stressful object due to the geometry and power it can generate.

The more you do to increase the frame mounts structure and attachment, you of course make it that much harder to take off timewise, but at least go with the standard frame mount. You'll be much happier.

I was a 3pt user for 5 years, than a modified frame mount user for 12 years, now a Kubota designed Construction Backhoe (L35). Now I think I'll go nuts sell the hoe and buy one of those backhoes-on-a-stick (I call them)

They tow behind your car and have a small motor to move them and run pump...WITH NO TRACTOR! How in the H E Double Hockey Sticks would one of those things EVER work? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Seems like as soon as you started to do anything you'd lift yourself and hoe off the ground and throw yourself off into the bushes!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]
We have the biggest 3 pt type we could find. Had it for 17 years now. Still have the same tractors. Digs great, no problems. I think it's a Bush Hog 962, but not sure. Dig stumps, footings, ditches, water well reserve pits, fix water leaks. Does it all. But, my friend just sold a John Deere backhoe that was good for 900.00 , he had two, his dad died, and he kept the CAT. They were his dad's. JD just got water in the oil, so we had to drain it after use. But that could be a thermostat causing that.

Attachments

• IMG_20220820_150338.jpg
    IMG_20220820_150338.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63