Sickle Bar # 22 int sickle mower?

/ # 22 int sickle mower? #1  

Sheepdr

Bronze Member
Tractor
4330 kabota
I rebuilt a # 22 or 24 int sickle mower. It works great and cuts faster than a kauhn mower I have. Except I get a lot of build up of grass at the last section on the outer toe. I am almost to the conclusion that my sickle bar is to short by 1 section. On my kauhn mower there is a section that goes out past the guards when fully extended. I have 2 sickle bars for the int and both are the same length. Should I cut the sickle bar and add enough to get another section? These bars have 28 sections on them. I tried removing the last section but it didn't help. I also saw in here some place something about timing but can't find it again. I can't see how you could change the timing. Maybe shorten the pitman arm.
I would really appreciate any ideas you might have.
Sheepdr

/ # 22 int sickle mower? #2  
   / # 22 int sickle mower? #3  
I agree with DJ54 you need to install a section & 1/2 on the very end of the sickle. I sold those back in the 60's through the late 80's when I worked in a JD parts dept.

/ # 22 int sickle mower?
Hey thanks. You wouldn't have an idea which one it might be would you?

/ # 22 int sickle mower? #5  
You'll need to match up with the sections on your mower. Top serrated, bottom serrated, smoth, etc. If you would decide to order from Webb's, give them a call, and tell them what you have. I'm sure they can fix you right up. I get my knives for my old IH 990 MoCo there. Very good to deal with.