2023 or 2030?

/ 2023 or 2030? #71  
Yeah, it's sort of hidden, but if you go to the webpage for either model, and click on "More Features" scroll down and you'll see they list optional SSQA. I would love to have a bunch more tractors (obviously) but I often think something the size of these J models would be high on my list for everyday tasks!

I can't find any reference to optional SSQA on those pages.

I looked at the XJ2025H at the Louisville show last weekend, and the LS rep told me SSQA was available from third party vendors.

/ 2023 or 2030? #72  
I can't find any reference to optional SSQA on those pages.

I looked at the XJ2025H at the Louisville show last weekend, and the LS rep told me SSQA was available from third party vendors.

I went and looked again, and you're right. I saw "optional quick attach" and was thinking they meant the bucket, but they meant the entire FEL was quick attach, which it is. Any dealer should be able to add an SSQA plate to the FEL arms (that's easy) and either modify the factory bucket appropriately, or get a different bucket already set up for SSQA, but it would be nice if the factory offered that to start with.

/ 2023 or 2030? #73  
I went to a home show today without expecting to see anything tractor related but the first display I saw was for the closest LS dealer to me AND he had the XJ2025 with him. He also had the LS company rep for our area (turns out, he is the rep for most every state west of the Mississippi). I had a lengthy discussion with this rep on this tractor and my other choice of the J2023.
In regards to the SSQA, this size tractor has never, and likely won't, be offered with the SSQA. He said that they don't want the center of gravity any further forward than it is for balance and safety sake.
The next bit of bad news is that the J2023 has been discontinued and no longer available from distribution. Whatever is out there now is what's out there.
The worst news of the day for me - I am a fan of position control for the 3 point hitch. I know the brochure, and the info online say it has PC but this tractor does not have that. The 3 point control goes forward and backward and is spring loaded to return to the center each time. The bigger model they had (XR 4046HC) on display did have PC so my guess is that they are not too careful with their marketing reviewing. I wonder if the J2023 does have PC?
Overall this tractor seems to have some nice features but also has some negatives besides the ones I mentioned above. All the body panels are plastic. This might be normal for newer models but my older tractor has sheet metal. Engine side panels require bolts and pins to be removed. It has a Tier4 engine despite being a small tractor. It doesn't have the same filter system as the bigger ones but they have no facts on when this filter will need replacement (range he gave me was 3-5K hours). The price the dealer gave me was higher than I was expecting ($14,250). I won't condemn the pricing until I have time to research better but this is getting close to the cost of the Kubota model I had been looking at.
I'm still looking at this tractor but I can say I'm not quite as excited about it as I was.

John

/ 2023 or 2030? #74  
I have owned the 2023 for about a year now & LOVE IT. It does not have position control. Plastic panels are the majority nowadays. It has Tier4 engine, but it don't have the dpf system. Filter change is 300hrs. Purchased mine for $12,300.00. Biggest decision for me was lift capacity is much higher compared to competition & great price & warranty.

Last edited:
   / 2023 or 2030? #75  
If you're talking engine oil filter, I changed mine at 50 hours and it didn't require removing any panels. It was easy as can be.

Plastic panels are on a lot other brands also. It's unfortunate, but that's the way with other industries also. Polymers are being used more and more in other products as well.

/ 2023 or 2030? #76  
In regards to the SSQA, this size tractor has never, and likely won't, be offered with the SSQA. He said that they don't want the center of gravity any further forward than it is for balance and safety sake.

I'm not sure I totally understand their reasoning there. An SSQA plate adds very little weight, and only pushes the bucket forward a couple of inches. They already have one of the most powerful FELs in this size class. They could dial back the hydraulic pressure a bit, which would limit the lift capacity enough to keep things within the balance limits, and still have a very competitive FEL in lift capacity and height, but with SSQA.

The local dealer is selling J2025 HST with FEL for $13,999:

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/grq/4913907317.html