2022 Outlander Max 6x6

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
How about a twin track Alpine with a 2 speed gear case and the 503 fanner? might get an old one cheap from a ski hill, cheap lightly rolled a few times. Lol
You are joking? Those can't tow squat, hard to find parts and don't like to be steered. Hummmmm what else.

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #252  
That was why the lol was put in there. However in low gear a alpine or a yute can surprisingly get moving in snow pulling a large load. You are in a different situation than most folks. You need a multipurpose piece of equipment that's somewhat easy to transport, performs well in snow and summer and is extremely durable and somewhat affordable. For what you do Imho. I remember 20 or so yrs ago Arctic cat came out with a plow attachment for its utility line of snowmobiles the bear cat, never seen one with a plow in operation. Anyways really hoping you can get the quirks and possible design flaws worked out of your 6x6 so it does what you need it to do reliably.

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
I'm not sure what a "yute" is. The Apline's had such small tracks, they could tow less than a skandic.

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #256  
Wasn’t that atv like 30k?
Friend had an older bomb, s48 something? Was a tank, diesel. Was only 8k (used) I wouldn’t want it for rec use but occasional rescue it would do well. Cats, I never priced but groomers do show up on CL when I’m searching tracked machines. It seems some backup is needed. At least you got snow!

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
Wasn’t that atv like 30k?
Friend had an older bomb, s48 something? Was a tank, diesel. Was only 8k (used) I wouldn’t want it for rec use but occasional rescue it would do well. Cats, I never priced but groomers do show up on CL when I’m searching tracked machines. It seems some backup is needed. At least you got snow!
It was but there are parts available for it. We are familiar with Bombies and most all dated snow cats. Good thing is they are simple to fix. Bad thing is you are fixing them and looking for parts 24/7. Here's me at the oldcat jamboree. Some broke while here.....
oldcats57272.jpg

Last edited:
   / 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #258  
So I exhausted my iPhone battery trying to find you a solution.

Some people reference “Octacruiser” which is or was a heavily customized 6x6 on YouTube. Idk, but I guess he is using it to pull out stuck quads in mud. Maybe there would be some advise there?

I didn’t look at videos but maybe something

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #259  
I'm not sure what a "yute" is. The Apline's had such small tracks, they could tow less than a skandic.
Lol been hanging out with a friend all he was talking about was living in a yute or yurt. I believe it's an octagonal or round tent type structure. I meant Sherpa. I believe the twin tracks of an alpine have more track on the snow than even a 20" wide swt skandic. But like you said they don't turn and are pretty hard to maneuver not to mention are not light by any stretch. I think a spring tensioned pin type coupler will do wonders when starting out pulling a heavy load in the snow. You also probably have done/know this but breaking/establishing a trail before pulling anything behind me works very well. In my experiences.

Last edited:
   / 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
So I exhausted my iPhone battery trying to find you a solution.

Some people reference “Octacruiser” which is or was a heavily customized 6x6 on YouTube. Idk, but I guess he is using it to pull out stuck quads in mud. Maybe there would be some advise there?

I didn’t look at videos but maybe something
Octacruise youtuber did seem to fix his greif with the proppler shaft. I spoke with the dealership about it.