10K dump trailer build

/ 10K dump trailer build #21  
I’d use plastic but drill small drain holes on the bottom side.

Maybe BEFORE you run the wire through.

/ 10K dump trailer build #22  
I’d use plastic but drill small drain holes on the bottom side.

Maybe BEFORE you run the wire through.

That would be me...….

/ 10K dump trailer build #23  
That would be me...….

It’s just possible that the twist drill would grab the bundle of wires, wrenching the connection out of the right turn signal fixture and two of the four clearance lamps on the same side!

I’m just speculating of course .....

/ 10K dump trailer build #24  
Plastic pipe expands and contracts in heat and cold. Something to consider

/ 10K dump trailer build #25  
It’s just possible that the twist drill would grab the bundle of wires, wrenching the connection out of the right turn signal fixture and two of the four clearance lamps on the same side!

I’m just speculating of course .....

Of course.

/ 10K dump trailer build
What痴 your thoughts for using plastic, any trailers I致e had seen or worked with that have conduit for the wires were all metal? I壇 go with HREW or even black pipe for no more then you need.

I see too much corrosion with anything metal so figured the grey plastic would work.

/ 10K dump trailer build
Well I went and picked up the new axles today, I am hoping to get the trailer back into the shop tomorrow morning to finish up the welding on the top and then start the dump body portion, that should go fairly quickly. I still have to pick up tires and wheels so I'm not sure when exactly I will be able to get the axles installed, I'm debating flipping it back over to do the swap, we'll see. When I flipped it over the other day it actually went pretty well. I only put tires on the front axle thinking it would be easier to maneuver.
WiZUEqsm.jpg

/ 10K dump trailer build
WOW! I can't believe my last post was Feb 19th.
Just some updates. I have the axles mounted, got new tires and wheels, cylinder is in, hydraulic unit still needs a place to sit under the bed and also the battery. I have the dump bed frame built and hinges on, it tilts to 42.5 deg which I think will be fine. Cylinder is a 5" bore x 30" stroke, should dump anything. (I know, famous last words)
Life kind of got in the way, between the COVID and the first week in March my wife fell and broke her hip then 8 weeks ago she fell and broke her clavicle. I am getting the bedsides formed out of 11 ga, the place I am going through has been a bit lax, between the COVID and he is busy etc. etc. I have a short video of it tilting if I can figure out how to link it.
stCVuvml.jpg

7FIenmPl.jpg

dump trailer test - YouTube
Now I can't work on it in my garage so hopefully when the sides are ready I will put it in his shop and finish it up there.

/ 10K dump trailer build #29  
Sorry to hear about your wife's mishaps and happy to see you are back on the build!

/ 10K dump trailer build #30  
Sorry to hear of the injuries to your wife!!! Hope things will turn around soon!!!!