Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,902  
I cannot recall which towing thread taught me this lesson, but I wanted to thank the experts at TBN for saving me time and perhaps more.

I was towing wrong today. Had a SxS on my trailer and was going down the road. Got up to about 30 mph and it starts to wiggle. Even before TBN, I knew this was bad. Thanks to TBN, I knew exactly what was wrong and how to fix it. I was able to go about 25 until I got to a boat ramp. Pulled in there, loosened the straps and moved the load forward about 12-18 inches. (Retightened) Presto, no more wiggle, even at highway speed.

A hearty and sincere thanks to whomever (probably many of you) pointed out the symptoms of too little tongue weight.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,903  
I cannot recall which towing thread taught me this lesson, but I wanted to thank the experts at TBN for saving me time and perhaps more.

I was towing wrong today. Had a SxS on my trailer and was going down the road. Got up to about 30 mph and it starts to wiggle. Even before TBN, I knew this was bad. Thanks to TBN, I knew exactly what was wrong and how to fix it. I was able to go about 25 until I got to a boat ramp. Pulled in there, loosened the straps and moved the load forward about 12-18 inches. (Retightened) Presto, no more wiggle, even at highway speed.

A hearty and sincere thanks to whomever (probably many of you) pointed out the symptoms of too little tongue weight.
I am glad you caught it before it was too late.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,904  
I was towing wrong today. Had a SxS on my trailer and was going down the road. Got up to about 30 mph and it starts to wiggle.
The other thing to remember is apply the trailer brakes to slow down.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,905  
1695825250453.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,907  
I think there is a more efficient way.
There aren't many single-photo memes that I've stared at longer than that one, just wondering... "how"?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,909  
How? Spun off the road backward!
Tommy Flanagan
1695833943406.png

would probably say "I uh... didn't have a trailer hitch... so yeah, that's it, we put the trailer on the truck with a forklift and.. yeah the barn is right off the pic to the right, that's the ticket. Everythings! great! handles great!"

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,910  

There is a balance to it. Maximizing the load on the tongue can also have negative effect.

My Subaru Outback really shouldn't be pulling an open 16' tandem axle trailer, but when I have if a SxS is all the way to the front the butt of the Subaru drops and the rig porpoises on bumps.

A good balance seems to be to place the rear of the SxS over the trailer axles and then a fair bit is in front of the trailer axles.

The total here is just over 2000 pounds. Subaru rated to tow 2700 pounds.