Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,811  
Look like the ground was still solid with slop on top. Good thing it was not F-150 Lightning.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,812  
I don't know about your area, but in mine I rarely see a woman less than 250#, especially at walmart
You need to get glasses that emphasize the vertical dimension and minimize the horizontal

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,813  
Or stop going to Walmart. Amazon you don't deal with anybody or see anybody. 🍻

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,814  
I don't know about your area, but in mine I rarely see a woman less than 250#, especially at walmart
That varies significantly with location. I live in an area where that's not such a problem, but there's a county just 40 minutes to the west of us where your observation would seem conservative. It's downright bizarre.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,815  
You need to move.
I just moved here 2 years ago, i have 60 acres of land very far from any civilization, see any human ones a week the most, love it here and i don't care how much they weight since i do not have to lift them. Let them be, free country.

You need to get glasses that emphasize the vertical dimension and minimize the horizontal
I see through them and don't notice, but when i finally see something less than 180# it is like fresh air in a steamy day. 🤣
Or stop going to Walmart. Amazon you don't deal with anybody or see anybody. 🍻
1. Walmart is the only thing we have here.
2. Amazon recently became really expensive, i started to avoid buying from them, there are many other choices.
That varies significantly with location. I live in an area where that's not such a problem, but there's a county just 40 minutes to the west of us where your observation would seem conservative. It's downright bizarre.
It is true, the area i used to live before was mostly slender ppl, but again, it was mostly Indians, Asians and Mexicans(also 200#++ population but often you can see a very hot chick with cancels out a negative experience;))

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,816  
Look like the ground was still solid with slop on top. Good thing it was not F-150 Lightning.

I think a Lightning would have done as well.

Years ago found myself in a similar situation. Grass field in Mississippi with about 200 dirtbikers at an enduro or hare scramble. The race was a mudfest, and getting out after was perhaps more so. And I was camped at the far end of the field.

When we were packed I decided to try for it. F-250 4x4 Powerstroke, street tires, and 20' toy hauler. My wheels never stopped spinning at least twice as fast as we were moving. The truck was almost never pointed in the direction we were traveling, and neither was the toy hauler. Once moving I wasn't going to let up. I did modulate the "throttle" (diesel doesn't have a throttle) because there was a point where more seemed to make things worse.

Perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 mile, and we were on gravel.

Later heard some were there 6 hours while a few local tractors pulled them out.

Most all off-road motorcycle races I went to had a few local tractors standing by just in case. We always parked in grass fields which were only used once or twice/year for parking.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,817  
That TRX would be a blast in that. Even WITH the trailer.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,818  
PXL_20230908_172412010.jpg

This guy. Good grief.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,819  
I think a Lightning would have done as well.

Years ago found myself in a similar situation. Grass field in Mississippi with about 200 dirtbikers at an enduro or hare scramble. The race was a mudfest, and getting out after was perhaps more so. And I was camped at the far end of the field.

When we were packed I decided to try for it. F-250 4x4 Powerstroke, street tires, and 20' toy hauler. My wheels never stopped spinning at least twice as fast as we were moving. The truck was almost never pointed in the direction we were traveling, and neither was the toy hauler. Once moving I wasn't going to let up. I did modulate the "throttle" (diesel doesn't have a throttle) because there was a point where more seemed to make things worse.

Perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 mile, and we were on gravel.

Later heard some were there 6 hours while a few local tractors pulled them out.

Most all off-road motorcycle races I went to had a few local tractors standing by just in case. We always parked in grass fields which were only used once or twice/year for parking.
I expect the lightning would have done a better job. Concern would be is pulling it in there then camping for a few days and then looks like he had two to three miles of slush to spin through so I would be concerned about range getting low.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,820  
I expect the lightning would have done a better job. Concern would be is pulling it in there then camping for a few days and then looks like he had two to three miles of slush to spin through so I would be concerned about range getting low.
I wondered if there are EV chargers on the way home from Burning Man so I just now looked at maps. Not really.

So 250 mile range would be needed for the round trip from Reno (several charge locations) with a very small allowance for battery use during the week, and for driving around looking for a welding shop or something.

Departing Burning Man there are no EV chargers in Gerlach, and none 60 miles down the road in Nixon. Another 15 miles south of that, 447 comes out to I-80 and civilization at Fernley (population 20k). But I see only one Tesla site (12 cars) and one Electrify America (8 cars). Wait times might make those unusable. (They would also be serving the normal cross country traffic on I-80 and are likely sized for that). Add another 30 miles to Reno, the nearest point with several charge locations, and where an EV owner would have charged on the way in. So estimate 250 mile range needed and that would be cutting it close.

Black Rock Desert is really remote. We dry-camped up by there before Burning Man and saw no one in a day and a half of driving on unpaved desert roads.