Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun?

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
   / Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #2  
I have been using one for 6 years and it works good.
Included in my package is the long rod with 360° spray.
With my purchase of a new dump trailer in 22 I spayed it top to bottom to combat winter road salt.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #3  
   / Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun?
Thanks! I saw that one, but what’s up with the fitting for air compressor?

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #5  
Not sure what you mean but here is a photo of mine.

Attachments

• Sprayer1.jpg
    Sprayer1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 108
Looks like we supply the compressor fitting.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #7  
Yes as there are various types of fittings that people choose to install on their equipment.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #8  
I use the SIL's, different gun but similar system, works well but it's a fine line between thick enough to last and too thick to spray. We've used a hotplate or propane torch to thin it out by warming which makes a big difference. The long hose with the 360 nozzle is great for inside doors or other inaccessible spots.
The actual commercial gun is pressure fed from an in-tank pump in the 45 gallon barrell and is atomized by mixing it with air right at the nozzle.
I made a sprayer a while ago from a 20lb propane tank. Fill the tank with waste oil or whatever you want. Pressurize it 20-40lbs or so and it'll push the oil thru a hose to a spray gun when it's mixed with air from another hose. Not quite as refined as a commercial gun but it works. Messy as all get out tho.

It claims to waste less Fluid Film and do better job than spray cans
Spray cans aren't cheap then again neither are gallon cans. Once spray cans get 1/2 empty they'll only spray pretty much with the can vertical. You get better more even coverage with a proper gun.
These are all in Canuk bucks at our local Princess Auto, Can. version of Harbour freight. Presently the CAN$ is US$0.75 so the US price is 3/4 the Can price.
1673197442727.png

Looks like we supply the compressor fitting.
You'd never think there were that many different fittings, none of which are interchangeable. There may be one universal...I think.

I need to do enough vehicles & trailers that I think it’ll pay itself off in less than 1 application

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #10  
I need to do enough vehicles & trailers that I think it’ll pay itself off in less than 1 application
No doubt. I think they charge $150 or so around her for a full size pickup