Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun?

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #21  
I have used a regular spray gun on a hot day and it worked. Also have put the 1 gal fluid film can in 5 gal bucket and heated it by blowing a heater at it. Sprays sort of ok but works. Use about 1/2 gal on a pickup.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #22  
For those of you that have treated the underside of your pickups, how much Fluid Film does it take?
I coated the entire underbody and inside all rockers, doors, etc on my Ford E350 van and used a gallon or maybe a little more. Also coated my Dodge Caravan. Used less than 2 gallons total.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #23  
I also purchased the FF spray gun with extensions. It seems to work good. I may check prices on getting the prefilled plastic bottles of woolwax next time though. It is kind of a hassle to refill the quart bottles when doing more the one vehicle.
I placed my 1 gallon can in a 5 gal bucket of water and the used an aquarium heater to heat the water. Seemed to spray nicely at 85F.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #24  
I have the kit, the gun is well worth it, especially the 360 nozzles. you will use 3/4 a gallon for a suv if you want to cover everything.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #25  
I also purchased the FF spray gun with extensions. It seems to work good. I may check prices on getting the prefilled plastic bottles of woolwax next time though. It is kind of a hassle to refill the quart bottles when doing more the one vehicle.
I placed my 1 gallon can in a 5 gal bucket of water and the used an aquarium heater to heat the water. Seemed to spray nicely at 85F.
I wrapped a electric heating pad around the gallon for about an hour before i poured it, I sprayed in 50 degree's which is on the cool side.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #26  
Rust preventative does little on the surfaces you can see. Those can be kept clean.

Rust preventative only has value in the areas that are hidden but still susceptible to contamination. Those areas require significant prep work and probably drilling access holes.

Metal rust is a cruel cancer and very hard to control.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #27  
I’ve got the kellsport pro gun kit. I added the air regulator and water filter which I borrowed off my bead blaster gun. The regulator is nice as you can dial the air flow up or down to adjust the fan size that comes out. Quantity of material that comes out is simply adjusted by how far you thread the hose fitting in or out of the gun nozzle then can be locked with the knurled jam nut. Pre filling the quart containers speeds things up . I used about 3/4 gallon for my pick up and one tractor. Kept the fluid film warm in front of my shop furnace and flowed fine. The outfit works excellent. Clean up is a breeze as you just fill a container with water and blow through gun. I will add if you had a way to elevate your truck would make easier.

Attachments

• B3C869B8-DA26-4502-ADCF-ABA120BB6C5A.jpeg
    B3C869B8-DA26-4502-ADCF-ABA120BB6C5A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 86
   / Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #28  
first I've seen that but now i want one....

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #29  
   / Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #30  
The over $100 one on amazon is a bummer
from the word go just reading the comments

willy