Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun?

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #11  
Napa just had a sell, I bought a 5 gal bucket for 180.00. I still need to buy a gun, or I may fart around and make my own.
Although 46 bucks for the Woolwax isn't a bad price. I'm not going to spend 100.00 for a gun. I'm thinking of making a siphon gun, just thinking for now.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #12  
I'm thinking of making a siphon gun, just thinking for now.
Like I was saying, worst thing about the syphon guns is I don't find them that good for thick stuff. Reason I went with a pressurized tank, the viscosity didn't make a difference, just jack up the tank pressure

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #13  
Snapon 711 fluid film and CRC 336 fluid film work nicely too. Already did the GMC Sierra 1500 and RAM 2500.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #14  
I did the old LP tank like mrmikey did. Welded a dip tube into the tank, fill tank through the top where the valve was. Pressurize the tank with a regulator, pump product into a sand blast gun with line air Behind it. Works slick as a bean.
Started years ago with bar and chain oil cut with a little WD-40. Have used used hydraulic oil too but it's a lot thinner. Then switched to Fluid Film and last year went with Back to Black.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #15  
Not sure what you mean but here is a photo of mine.
This is suction feed gun shown in photo. Dependent on the viscosity of the material you could also use typical Devilbiss JGA suction feed gun using .062” tip and needle. Turn the fan air down to decrease pattern to have more focused spray. Again what is the centistoke or viscosity of the material being sprayed.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #16  
Thanks! I saw that one, but what’s up with the fitting for air compressor?
Looks like it takes a female air plug. Typically, most air tools take a male air plug. The choice is the spice of life I guess.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #17  
For those of you that have treated the underside of your pickups, how much Fluid Film does it take?

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #18  
For those of you that have treated the underside of your pickups, how much Fluid Film does it take?
I know the outfit that does mine with Krown (all that's local) says it takes 2 liters but they're doing it for a profit. When I was using waste oil it was a good gallon. Mind you, using that amount there was a lot of dripping but cost wasn't as factor.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #19  
About a gallon will do a typical pickup truck. I like a couple of spray cans for tight areas or when doing more controlled work too. I have similar Fluid Film Spray gun as Jack, but the tip is different. Its a large plastic nozzle that doesn't have a pattern. Just a shotgun blast of grease!

I find the Fluid Film in gallon cans to be thick, almost as viscous as #1 grease. But the stuff in the spray cans is light like engine oil. NH Oil Undercoating is somewhere in the middle.

For what its worth, this is a messy process. As prepared I thought I was, I didn't realize how much you will cover in grease. Years will go by and you'll still see signs of it. Its like dog hair. And it all attracts dirt and grime.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #20  
Start with 1gal on a full sized vehicle if you want to get inside every rocker, every wheel well, every hole in the frame, every nook and cranny. That's how much I sprayed on my suburban. The next year i just touched up with about 1qt.

I have the kell sport gun (the woolwax gun) it works well and the tips are good quality. I tried a cheaper version and it dosnt even last one vehicle. I have done 3 with the kell sport gun.