Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun?

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #31  
Are the roads in N. Alabama treated with corrosive de-icers?

no but humidity is a cast iron $&^%* lol

It's not nearly as bad here as yall have it but FF is quite useful if something has to sit outside climate control for any period.

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #32  
I use the woolwax gun kit with the hoses for inside the frame and body and the extension hose to keep the gun upright while you’re laying on the ground spraying

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #33  
I have used Fluid film for about 15 years now. Started out with the cans since they sold it at the local Lowes and Home Depot. I started using it on my new at the time trailer and axle due to my winter use of it. I graduated to using the sprayer they sold along with Gallons of FF from Napa (best place for the availability and price) and sprayed my 17' Ridgeline RTL with it in Oct of 2016. It took 1 gallon to do that vehicle fully underneath and in the channels and everywhere I could get the stuff into. I also used 3 spray cans with the long 18" (or so)tri spray wand. Since that time I've put 65k miles on the truck and there is no rust. I've retreated the washed off areas every fall with FF and usually just need to use the spray cans and normally in the back of the vehicle in the bed area and rear bumper/axles areas. Everywhere else seems to stay on pretty well with a light spray needed in various places as touch up. I'm planning on keeping this truck for at least 10 years and maybe longer so this is a long term test vehicle in many ways (one of which is the FF test and another is the 6 speed problematic transmission fluid test with Amsoil Synature Synthetic Trans fluid and regular testing of the trans oil for analysis to ensure no wearing problems). There's lots of ways to ensure a vehicles long life. After my results with the trailer and axle testing I'm sure FF will allow my trailer to last basically forever as long as I keep it protected. (it is a galvanized trailer frame with a regular steel axle asm).

In short, the advantage of Fluid Film is not that it's a rust preventer as much as it is an "oxygen prevention product". See rust is actually a method only due to the oxygen getting to the surface along with other corrosive materials. Eliminate the oxygen portion and you stop it from rusting. An easy test of this is to spray FF onto a rusted surface that sits out in the environment. Like a steel hitch and latch asm. Spray it with FF and the rust will stop and the metal will actually turn grey again as long as the surface is FF protected (it will wash off and wear off eventually and need retreated). Just like FF advertising says. That's how it works. It keeps the rust from occurring.

Last edited:
   / Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #34  

using this for 3 years now with fluid film, sometimes have to warm up the fluid film to get it to flow and it stinks, be prepared

Last edited:
   / Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #35  

using this for 3 years now with fluid film, sometimes have to warm up the fluid film to get it to flow and it stinks, be prepared
That’s pretty inexpensive, what do you use for the container?I’ve been reading about the FF treatment, our newest vehicle is a 4 year old Honda Pilot. Last oil change I did, i saw a bit of surface rust on some panels underneath the vehicle. I cleaned them up and hit them with rust oleum. I’m thinking about buying a gallon and a sprayer. I’d probably pressure wash the underside and after it’s completely dry use the fluid film.

Mike

/ Anyone buy or using the Fluid Film spray gun? #36  
I use the orange spray bottles from home depot