Radiator hose "snapped"

/ Radiator hose "snapped"
Went to radiator shop, they were basically worthless but called the "repair" shop they use, and they indicated not repairable. After pulling off the radiator and really examining it....there is less than a 1/4 inch of plastic there, meaning no way to tap it that I would trust. Looking at the drain plug, oddly enough it is molded 1/2 in deep with threads for the drain plug, but that still leaves the hole I'd have to deal with.

At this point I think buying new (I wish I could find refurb) is the best option to ensure things don't snowball as has been mentioned.

I've beaten this old tractor up over the years (14 to be exact)...using it more like a skid steer than tractor and other than an electrical short this is the first major item to give way...albeit due to my own utilization of the tractor for things not tractor like.

So 1K more to Bobcat....not my idea of a Xmas gift, lol.

/ Radiator hose "snapped" #22  
Good luck with replacing the bottom tank in as much as the lower tank is sonically welded to the center section. Modine patented that process years ago.

/ Radiator hose "snapped" #23  
Bobcat's part pricing is on crack. My 2020 CT2025 is a rebranded Kioti (Daedong).
I wonder if its possible to cross-reference it to a Daedong / Kioti part number for a lower $.

Assuming time is not critical and a dealer is accessible, a new similar model's radiator might be modified to fit. Either Bobcat or Kioti.

according to the above source: Daedong built the CT335 (38hp/28kw)
Along with these other potential brand cross-references:
  • 1 Bobcat by Daedong
  • 2 Cub Cadet by Daedong
  • 3 Daenong by Daedong
  • 4 JCB by Daedong
  • 5 Landini by Daedong
  • 6 McCormick International by Daedong
  • 7 New Holland Tractor Models by Daedong
  • 8 Taral Tractor Models by Daedong
Knowing the year and the engine model should allow other dealers to find a suitable doner.
Worst case reach out to Daedong directly for support with a potential replacement

Last edited:
Thanks for that exhaausitve list...I knew Kioti/Bobcat were clones of each other, didn't realize all the others were as well.

Guess time to dial for dollars and see if any of the others will fit.

/ Radiator hose "snapped" #25  
Check a tractor parts yard. Theres no aftermarket for them?

/ Radiator hose "snapped" #26  
You'll NEVER clean it good enough for any kind of "glue", including JB. A radiator shop may be able to "weld" it, but I doubt it. A new one is in order, I believe.
Yeah, you clean it and hit it with a propane torch a little bit, sand it to scuff area. It's clean. Get a plastic welder that hooks to an air supply and weld it back in there. I'm just a guy that lives outside a podunk town in Arkansas, and even I have a plastic welder.

/ Radiator hose "snapped" #27  
I am cheap. $1000 for a plastic radiator seems out of line to me. If I could not fix it, I would look at finding a car/truck radiator that was close to the same size.

A few years ago, I bought a new radiator for a Ram truck and it cost less than $100. They might be $150 now.

/ Radiator hose "snapped" #28  
A new, custom aluminum one can be made in pretty much ANY shape, by a capable shop. May not be a bunch cheaper, though...

Yeah I found the little tractor site as well, was calling them today to see if they have any in stock.