New Tractor manufacturer

/ New Tractor manufacturer #51  
Lots of people bought the box store JD's built by MTD and lots of them are junk today. None of the box stores nor Tractor Supply can even do routine service on them. Very poor choice. Bought all 3 of my Cubs (2 zero turns and the rototiller from my Kubota dealer (he's an authorized Cub Cadet servicing dealer). Might have cost me a tad more but at least I can get parts from them. I don't consider any MTD mowers to be long lasting and that includes the TSC Husky (MTD built) brand. I see TSC is selling Bad Boy zero turns now. Scary.
I have no idea how many acres of bahia grass that I cut with an old 2 blade 38" cut MTD riding mower with a BS cast iron sleeved engine before I could afford or was willing to afford a zero turn mower and other than a couple of selinoids and blades never had a problem other than after about year 5 I had to patch holes on the deck until it got to thin to weld on, coming from a 22" push mower it was great, funny how we get spoiled.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #54  
So basically a Solis with some Yanmar rear panels. I do wonder why a tractor that size is only 2 range. Didn't they say over 3k lbs with loaded tires? That's Kubota L series weight, though it looks more Yanmar Yt235 /Kubota LX size

/ New Tractor manufacturer #55  
Lots of people bought the box store JD's built by MTD and lots of them are junk today. None of the box stores nor Tractor Supply can even do routine service on them. Very poor choice. Bought all 3 of my Cubs (2 zero turns and the rototiller from my Kubota dealer (he's an authorized Cub Cadet servicing dealer). Might have cost me a tad more but at least I can get parts from them. I don't consider any MTD mowers to be long lasting and that includes the TSC Husky (MTD built) brand. I see TSC is selling Bad Boy zero turns now. Scary.
Cub cadet is owned by MTD

/ New Tractor manufacturer #56  
Cub cadet is owned by MTD
Really, I didn't know that...lol So is Troy Bilt and some other brands a well. The difference with Cub Cadet versus the lower quality stuff is they are actually built better (and cost more) and come with grease fittings too. Modern Tool and Die gobbled up a lot of independent brands years ago. We tend to refer to them as 'More Tools Desired'....

/ New Tractor manufacturer #57  
And MTD is in turn owned by Stanley Black & Decker who also owes Excel/Hustler.

But this thread isn't about any of that.

If the post back on page two is accurate about who's involved in this, remember, they've already had at least three strikes. I kinda feel sorry for anybody that would buy into this brand.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #58  
And MTD is in turn owned by Stanley Black & Decker who also owes Excel/Hustler.

But this thread isn't about any of that.

If the post back on page two is accurate about who's involved in this, remember, they've already had at least three strikes. I kinda feel sorry for anybody that would buy into this brand.
Reminds me of the big fish eating the smaller fish who ate the even smaller fish.

When I was a youngster, MTD's world headquarters was about 3 miles from where I grew up, in Brookpark, Ohio.

The Summit brand means nothing to me as the size of their units aren't something I need at all. To me, it's the old bait and switch stuff. Import a cookie cutter unit with some 'features' that others don't have standard and sell them without a service capable dealer network and when issues arise, just play deaf and when they don't sell to expectations, dissolve the brand and leave the owners to fend for themselves.. I wish them good luck but far as ever buying one, not in the cards for me.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #59  
Really, I didn't know that...lol So is Troy Bilt and some other brands a well. The difference with Cub Cadet versus the lower quality stuff is they are actually built better (and cost more) and come with grease fittings too. Modern Tool and Die gobbled up a lot of independent brands years ago. We tend to refer to them as 'More Tools Desired'....

Ayuh, IH spun-off and sold Cub Cadet to MTD in 1981; that said, it did operate with relative autonomy as Cub Cadet Corporation, though that ended some time in the early-2000's if I remember right. It's funny, MTD has owned Cub twice as long as IH did. MTD can, has, and I'm sure will continue to produce fine machines- if you're willing to pay for it. 👍

/ New Tractor manufacturer #60  
Reminds me of the big fish eating the smaller fish who ate the even smaller fish.

When I was a youngster, MTD's world headquarters was about 3 miles from where I grew up, in Brookpark, Ohio.

One thing I did appreciate about MTD, until their buyout, was that they were still a family owned company.