New Tractor manufacturer

/ New Tractor manufacturer #81  
Must have paid TBN something for some advertising. 🤔
I dont see any banners or margin ads on the other forums.
Capture.PNG

/ New Tractor manufacturer #82  
Must have paid TBN something for some advertising. 🤔
I dont see any banners or margin ads on the other forums.
View attachment 781657
Their advertising, along with other vendors, is what keeps TBN free for the rest of us. All I see is the right banner, which is not distracting.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #83  
MTD has not, nor do they, produce any of Deere's lawn and garden tractors; even the 100 series, produced in Tennessee, is built by John Deere. Now, that facility in Greenville used to be owned by Murray if I remember correctly, and I think that might be where these rumors come from. On top of that there is no difference between the 100 series sold in box stores, and the ones sold at dealers, and on top of this local dealers are contracted to perform assembly, and provide support.

I spent 7 years with a Deere D160, and keeping in mind that it's a lawn tractor I treated it as such- I mowed my lawn and pulled a yard cart. I also familiarized myself with their weak points, and was sure to operate accordingly. When I moved to a property that was not as compatible with it I was able to sell it for 2/3 of what it cost new, which was nice. Coincidently enough, the local woman that purchased it is still mowing with it.

I speak highly of these machines because they don't deserve the bum rap they've been given- well, not all of them. Machines below the D160 and current S170 now use T40J transaxles, which were developed for use in rear-engine riders, and that's a no go. Of course, they're not the only ones, Cub Cadet recently replaced the K46 with the T40 in most of their XT1 lineup. Cost cutting I suppose.

MTD has not, nor do they, produce any of Deere's lawn and garden tractors; even the 100 series, produced in Tennessee, is built by John Deere. Now, that facility in Greenville used to be owned by Murray if I remember correctly, and I think that might be where these rumors come from. On top of that there is no difference between the 100 series sold in box stores, and the ones sold at dealers, and on top of this local dealers are contracted to perform assembly, and provide support.

I spent 7 years with a Deere D160, and keeping in mind that it's a lawn tractor I treated it as such- I mowed my lawn and pulled a yard cart. I also familiarized myself with their weak points, and was sure to operate accordingly. When I moved to a property that was not as compatible with it I was able to sell it for 2/3 of what it cost new, which was nice. Coincidently enough, the local woman that purchased it is still mowing with it.

I speak highly of these machines because they don't deserve the bum rap they've been given- well, not all of them. Machines below the D160 and current S170 now use T40J transaxles, which were developed for use in rear-engine riders, and that's a no go. Of course, they're not the only ones, Cub Cadet recently replaced the K46 with the T40 in most of their XT1 lineup. Cost cutting I suppose.

View attachment 754743
Like the trailer ! Kevin .

/ New Tractor manufacturer #84  
Their advertising, along with other vendors, is what keeps TBN free for the rest of us. All I see is the right banner, which is not distracting.
I have no problem with that. They do have a special arrangement. Look at the Forum list. They have an "official community" designation that others do not have.

I'd like all of them to have a similar arrangement. It is nice to get more directly connected to OEMs.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #85  
Its not necessarily distracting, or even unwelcome. Its rather obvious TBN has sponsors and sells ad space to keep the lights on. It was simply something I noticed that no other forum has. I'd like to see more of it actually.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #86  
Yanmar bought into Sonalika/Solis a few years back. After the Yanmar-Cub Cadet jv split a few years ago, Yanmar began selling under their own name in the USA after being absent for decades. Yanmar has designed and built for John Deere for decades as well. Now, they have introduced Solis to USA. Solis was already being introduced to US before Yanmar, and the Sonalika brand was sold here in the 80s or 90s.