New Tractor manufacturer

/ New Tractor manufacturer #62  
Cub is the 'upper tier' machine. Got 3 of then with no issues but regular maintenance.

I always appreciated the ease of maintenance on their garden tractors; my local dealer always kept one flipped on end so buyers could see how easy it was to access filter, plugs, etc. Then supply issues started, and they never had a spare to keep as a display.

20180717_161153.jpg 20180717_161206.jpg

That spin-on filter for the hydrostatic really was a big selling point.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #63  
Something that might be interesting would be a comparison of the unit sales for the International Cub Cadets vs the MTD Cub Cadets. The IH versions were pretty much sold at tractor dealers I suspect in far fewer quantities than the MTD versions. The local Cub Cadet dealer has a bunch of units on his lot. They are also sold at the box stores. MTD probably has many more sales outlets than IH did back in the day.

There's no telling what it would cost to manufacture a IH 1650 or 782 today and probably overkill for cutting grass in most yards. I'm guessing that the price point might be as much as one of the subcompact diesel tractors? And a lot of ZTRs would be less expensive by comparison.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #64  
I'm sure. The more retail outlets the more units purchased, common sense. The issue arises when the retailer is not capable of service the units he sells. Why Cabelas got in trouble selling compact tractors. If you cannot even perform routine service on them, you have no business selling them because all you wind up with are pizzed off buyers. The sales associates at Cabelas are lucky they can tie their shoes, let alone do anything else. Same applies to TSC and Lowes or Home Despot.

Cabelas cannot service anything just like TSC cannot and if you have to deal with a servicing dealer second fiddle, that dealer will always put you at the back of the line and take care of his bought there customers first. How it works. Why I won't ever buy a box store machine. I might pay a tad more but I also know my dealer can service the machine.

Sometimes, saving a few pennies can result in a lot of anguish.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #65  
RK, Farmtrac, Long, Longtrac, Montana, and let's not forget all the various importers of Chinese machines that have ceased to be.
RK is still being built by TYM and continues to add new models and features.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #66  
The issue (like Rural King) and their service after the sale will be just that. In reality all they are is a rebadged something else.
It's no secret. RK is built by TYM. It's labeled TYM on the data plate and even on the Rurak King brochures and flyers. Fine machine, more weight to ground, more lift capacity front and back than comparable size others. Great prices too.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #67  
I would also wonder if the 'auto level bucket' can be disabled. There is a lot of loader work when I wouldn't want it to level....
Self leveling doesn't work like that. It keeps the angle consistent while raising and lowering. It is awesome.

Auto leveling? Have not seen that on a tractor.

CT

/ New Tractor manufacturer #68  
And MTD is in turn owned by Stanley Black & Decker who also owes Excel/Hustler.

But this thread isn't about any of that.

If the post back on page two is accurate about who's involved in this, remember, they've already had at least three strikes. I kinda feel sorry for anybody that would buy into this brand.
Thats what people were saying about your Ls not long ago

/ New Tractor manufacturer #69  
Standard 3rd function and remote, but only 2 speed hydro?
The 23hp TYM I bought new about 15 years ago was a 2spd hydro. Nothing wrong with it and it worked well. Never felt like it needed anything different.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #70  
It will be interesting to see if independent dealers pop up. The way they are describing "service dealers", it seems that they are setting up a network. If they go the box store route, well, that's going to change a lot.
They're trying to get some instant sales without building a network.