New Tractor manufacturer

/ New Tractor manufacturer #31  
I watched 2 introductory Summit Tractor videos. Some impressive features (tool box, 3rd function, wheel spacers, FEL levelling, LED rear lights, 3 pt bar etc). I agree with others, looks like a rebranding also. The paint colour is a nice change from standard stuff. Price was hard to find, thanks for posting that. I wonder if Cabela's Tractors were part of the equation also. Mitsubushi engines sound reasonable. I'd like to find a dealership and eyeball these units.

Distribution through Farm Supply and Home Improvement centres does not give me much of an impression though. I'd think about buying a gas push mower from those sources, but I'd be hard pressed to consder a tractor purchase there.

The Good Works Tractor (Michigan) is a good connection and endorsement, I think.

Are they in it for the Long Haul, or are they merely scratching an itch ? Time will tell.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor manufacturer #32  
1658019098274.png

I find this interesting, and AS I EXPECTED ... Service is exclusively elsewhere. That's a concern.

1658019811771.png

Last edited:
   / New Tractor manufacturer #33  
I hate to be a Debby downer but I don't see them making it. Their business model is odd and the market is saturated. Not to mention the downturn in the economy.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #34  
Isn't Atwoods a sporting goods retailer? Not familiar with them at all. The Cabelas thing didn't pan out well and I agree, the market is pretty well saturated and the present economy isn't conducive to a new name tractor, especially one that the retailers cannot service. Bad timing far as I can see. Pricing would have to be 'bargain basement' to sell any today.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #35  
   / New Tractor manufacturer #36  
Basically, what you are implying is. if it flopped before, it will flop again. I remember the RK deal some years back on here. Never owned one and wasn't interested but I did read along.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #37  
No speed hydro for me. Hydrostats don't work in my applications.
I am curious to know what work you do with a compact tractor that a hydro is not effective.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #38  
I am curious to know what work you do with a compact tractor that a hydro is not effective.
First off, I don't own a compact tractor. I have no practical use for one, what I do requires tractors with substantial power and weight. Many years ago I did and they were hydrostats and I soon realized their limitations. Hydrostats all have appreciable parasitic power loss between the engine flywheel and the pto stub, fact of mechanics and not something you can change.

They are convenient for many applications but for me they don't work.

I'd say the only hydrostats I own are my zero turn lawnmowers with their individual Hydro Gear hydrostatic transmissions powering the rear wheels. In that application a hydrostatic transmission is superior to a gear drive but far as tractors are concerned in my 'ag' application they aren't.

/ New Tractor manufacturer #39  
5030 ... fair point :)

even in my world (hobby farming, compact, HST ... ) these Summit Tractors look cool - I'm digging the colour especially, but I don't think they win yet. I think there will be a lot of PDI issues, and limited support. I'd still love to be able to check one out though.

I need coffee first

/ New Tractor manufacturer #40  
Candidly, I'm color blind. The Summit tractors remind me of the defunct Cabelas tractors. I have to wonder how many people that bought them have issues getting them serviced at a dealer.

When they closed them out here, they went cheap.