Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw
I don't think anyone is suggesting that current battery saws are even close to being a good replacement for a 70cc saw.
I didn't take that anyone was suggesting battery saws were equal to any saw. They sure are handy though. I have used mine all over the farm

/ Battery powered chainsaw #232  
I'm not allowed to run a gas saw with the ICD in my chest, and my wife cannot start them. Went with all battery tools in 2013. They progressed to so much power that we replaced all our lawnmowers with battery now: no gas, no oil, no belts, no gearboxes, no spark plugs, no air cleaners, always start.

My wife has done a HUGE amount of work with her battery saws: took out a 100 yard long pile of debris from a storm about 4 years ago; removed all the autumn olives on our property and all the downed, dead trees.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #233  
Safety Chain has extra pieces attached to the rakers. These pieces lay "flat" when the chain is on the straight part of the bar, but extend when the chain goes around the tip of the bar. It is also known as "anti-kickback" chain.
When they extend, the nose of the bar won't cut, which is what prevents kickback. They are great for new, inexperienced users.

/ Battery powered chainsaw
Safety Chain has extra pieces attached to the rakers. These pieces lay "flat" when the chain is on the straight part of the bar, but extend when the chain goes around the tip of the bar. It is also known as "anti-kickback" chain.
When they extend, the nose of the bar won't cut, which is what prevents kickback. They are great for new, inexperienced users.
I run full chisel chain on my 372 I never liked those ''safety chains''

/ Battery powered chainsaw #235  
I never liked them either, but then I don't consider myself "inexperienced".
i mount the saw in a vise, then take a 4-inch grinder and remove each of those pieces of metal. Saves tossing a perfectly good new chain.
And I was wrong about where these pieces attach--they attach to each "tie link" or connector link, which is the piece that connects each cutter to the adjacent one.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #236  
who owns owns one ? Brand ?
EGO. Very heavy use right after Hurricane Ida knocked down about 100 trees on my 4 acres. Very powerful but plastic parts where steel should be. Exchanged it after 3 weeks. Now I am very careful with it as a caught chain may damage some of the plastic under the cover. This is the residential model.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #237  
Anyone tried the new Stihl electric saws?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #238  
I've got a 40v Oregon chainsaw, pole saw, string trimmer, and leaf blower. No complaints. Good battery life on all of them. I'm usually wore out before the battery is on any of them. I just use the electric saw for casual trimming and storm cleanup type work. 4" and under is a good rule of thumb for electric chainsaws. If you need to make multiple cuts in stuff much bigger than 4", its worth your time to start up a gasser instead. I've got several professionally ported forestry saws from 50cc to 95cc, just have to pick the right tool for the job.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #239  
I've got a 40v Oregon chainsaw, pole saw, string trimmer, and leaf blower. No complaints. Good battery life on all of them. I'm usually wore out before the battery is on any of them. I just use the electric saw for casual trimming and storm cleanup type work. 4" and under is a good rule of thumb for electric chainsaws. If you need to make multiple cuts in stuff much bigger than 4", its worth your time to start up a gasser instead. I've got several professionally ported forestry saws from 50cc to 95cc, just have to pick the right tool for the job.
Do you know how long a battery will last blowing or running string?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #240  
Old Oak about 24" fell across trail from high bank.

Neighbor alerted me.

I walked down with Stihl AP Battery saw and made short work of it...

One thing I noticed is a spray of WD 40 or similar helps all my battery saws and trimmers... mostly from the sticky sap

Neighbor just came over and asked if I was going to clear tree today and I said all done.

He was listening for the sound of chainsaw but with electric there was nothing to hear.