Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #91  
when you have trouble with a dealer go
straight to the top don't mess around as
I have gotten results faster this way

willy

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #92  
when you have trouble with a dealer go
straight to the top don't mess around as
I have gotten results faster this way

willy
I like my tractors where I don't have to "mess around" with either the dealer or manufacturer after the sale...

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #93  
Dealer say he will not do warranty work on new ls not purchased from him. I know that a dealer can refuse to work on other stuff but a new LS tractor. Any ideas? Thanks
Our dealer has a sign out front. If it's warranty work take it back where you bought it.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #94  
I am paying just slightly more for my xr4046 from the closest dealer mainly to have a positive relation with them from the start. I highly doubt LS will not require the dealer to service their product. What if you moved across the country and brought you LS under warranty to a different dealer. Kind of sounds like something else going on. Dealers make money on warranty work, factory owns the warranty.
No they do not make money on warranty work. I have done too much of it.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #95  
Yeah, I would have if he would have matched the other dealer's price which I knew he very well could. But I'm not paying $1000 more. That's a lot of money to my pocket. Wanted to use that dealer provided I didn't have to unnecessarily pay $1000, but that didn't work out. His lost sale.
Yeah but the distant dealer knew you probably won't bring it back, so the low price.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #96  
All dealers are independent business's consequently, it's their prerogative whether they fix your unit or not or if you go to the end of the line. Just how it plays. Why I deal with one local dealer and have for over 20 years. They know me, I know them and we have a nice working relationship. Tractors, implements, even my lawn mowers come from them.

I bought a tractor a couple years ago used, 300 miles from here and asked them ahead of time if it was an issue. They said no and in fact serviced it just like I bought it there. I bought it because it was an exact match to the one I already had and I like to keep stuff standardized. Same filters, same fluids, same parts.

I would never buy a tractor based on selling price alone. I might pay a bit more but I also know my dealer will take care of any issues I may have.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #97  
I agree just another example of a bad dealer, nothing wrong with the product.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #98  
I worked for a dealer. His dad opened in 1944. Man was 78 several years ago. He took care of what he sold. I felt bad for one fella. He retired out of the Army and moved back home. Brought his machine for repair. I had the parts and fixed it that day. But it was months before they called him about to pick it up. I remember the shop foreman looked at the ticket, said naaa, put it back in the stack. You know, a fella retiring out of the Army, he cant help it he didn't buy it there. But, that's how things were done up there.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #99  
How it plays down here as well. Like Ive stated, dealers are all independent businessmen and they can decide how they operate their businesses. Why it pays to have a good relationship with a local dealer and why I'd never buy a tractor from some distant dealer just to save a couple bucks.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #100  
sounds like a dealer who knows his limitations. He might be doing you a favor.
Warranty work helps pay their bills.