Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #21  
All good advice above. Tractor dealers are much different than GM, Ford, Toyota, Honda cars and trucks dealers. Does dealer even care if LS drops his dealership. If they don't pay warranty claims fairly and quickly he may not ????? If he wants out from LS do you want to own one ? Kubota or other large brands will be more like a auto dealer.
Good Luck

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??
I would not buy from him with that attitude period.

Is it a salesperson who said that? The service department may feel differently.

Salespeople are known for BSing.
It was a salesperson that I talked with about the tractor. I met the owner and he seems like a pretty decent guy. We did not discuss the other tractor as I just wanted to drive the u5030 to see if I liked it which I did a lot. Might try discussing price with the owner and see where it goes.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #23  
I had the same situation. I have an LS just five miles away, but he was almost $1000 higher than another dealer and tyne fakes tax rate was even cheaper, so I bought from a dealer about 100 miles away.

I needed service and called the local dealer. He initially refused service because I didn't buy from him. When I told him I was calling LS, he changed his story and said his customers get first priority. I made a call to LS and let them know. Pretty sure LS gave the dealer a talking to. But I still won't take my tractor there. I just drive the 100 miles to the other dealer.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #24  
I looked into this as well when I was shopping for the best price. I knew I wanted an LS and I knew I wanted the P7010C. It was the best bang for the buck that I cared to afford. So... I called 5 dealers in two states. I gathered all the details and prices. I went and spoke to my local dealer that I have known for a good while and have bought several implements from. Then things got hairy!

My local dealer (4 miles away) was the highest priced. I told him the other quotes and he got pissy quickly. He also told me he WOULD NOT preform any warranty work on equipment he did not sell. Same treatment on the Bad Boy and Mahindra brands he carries. He has people call him about working on LS/Bad Boy/Mahindra products regularly that are under warranty. If he did not sell it, he will only repair it if the customer pays labor. He claims OEM warranty payments are not realistic. Now I was in a pickle. Local guy was $6k more than my best quote. Best quote was 200 miles away.

I called LS USA, regional rep, and another dealer. They all said a dealer must preform warranty services if they advertise they are an LS dealer. BUT!!! Your ticket will probably get lost, or they will be too busy, or they forgot to call and order the part, ect. It may finally get serviced/repaired, but it may take months to finish after several nastygrams to LS corporate and only then their lowest trained tech will probably be who wrenches on your tractor.

So... I found another local dealer and negotiated a fair price (not lowest or highest). Now I have a dealer that is understanding, I will buy from again, and we are both content with the transaction. The first dealer has a pretty weak service/shop department, my new dealer actually preforms warranty work on problems the other guys mechanics cannot troubleshoot.

I spent 3 weeks going through a lot of stress balancing dealer reputations, price, and distance. I learned that "closest" and "cheapest" are not the best options on their own. It is a TRINITY that make a good deal. What dealer is nearest that can give the best price and has the facility and knowledge to keep you running. This is why I chose a dealer +30 miles away instead of the dealer I drive past twice a day.

CT

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #25  
I was the same. I gave my local dealer a chance to match the price from the other dealer and I would pay the higher sales tax rate just to have a dealer 5 miles away. But the other dealer said there was absolutely no way they could match that price. Which I knew was BS and told them that I knew they could, but they wouldn't do that's why I finally went with the other dealer. This dealer had Mahindra but recent either lost them or dropped them voluntarily because LS is all they have in their lot. Seems like a dealer with only one brand would want to earn as much business as possible.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #26  
I was the same. I gave my local dealer a chance to match the price from the other dealer and I would pay the higher sales tax rate just to have a dealer 5 miles away. But the other dealer said there was absolutely no way they could match that price. Which I knew was BS and told them that I knew they could, but they wouldn't do that's why I finally went with the other dealer. This dealer had Mahindra but recent either lost them or dropped them voluntarily because LS is all they have in their lot. Seems like a dealer with only one brand would want to earn as much business as possible.

Seems if you wanted to use his shop you would purchase the tractor from him anyway.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #27  

Seems if you wanted to use his shop you would purchase the tractor from him anyway.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #28  
Double post

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #29  

Yeah, I would have if he would have matched the other dealer's price which I knew he very well could. But I'm not paying $1000 more. That's a lot of money to my pocket. Wanted to use that dealer provided I didn't have to unnecessarily pay $1000, but that didn't work out. His lost sale.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #30  
Yeah, I would have if he would have matched the other dealer's price which I knew he very well could. But I'm not paying $1000 more. That's a lot of money to my pocket. Wanted to use that dealer provided I didn't have to unnecessarily pay $1000, but that didn't work out. His lost sale.

Then you should be hauling your tractor to were you bought it to get the work done. They will still work on it im sure but hes going to make sure his customers are taken care of first especially when you had the option of buying from him in the first place