Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #1  

ssg510

Silver Member
Dealer say he will not do warranty work on new ls not purchased from him. I know that a dealer can refuse to work on other stuff but a new LS tractor. Any ideas? Thanks

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #2  
I cant and wouldn't think about it either way. All depends on what LS requires from the dealers

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #3  
I think you need to call LS. I am sure they have a rep over your area that sales tractors to the dealer. I am sure if the dealer wants to continue doing business with LS he may want to work on the product.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #4  
I would call Manufacturers rep and ask the factory directly.

I would say no, but if they tell you differently I would buy a different brand.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #5  
   / Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #7  
Yes, contact LS thru the LS site. Send them an email. Explain what's going on and ask them to refer you to another dealer. I have a different dealer for service / warranty work than the selling dealer but my case may be different. My selling dealer is no longer a selling dealer. I contacted LS and they emailed another dealer that will gladly take my business and warranty issues should any arise. I went and met the new dealer and bought my first filter package from them. They have no problem taking me as a customer.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??
Kind of left me with a bad expirence allready. Thing is, I think LS makes a good tractor and would be interested otherwise.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #9  
I would think long and hard before forcing dealer to do warranty work. You will get low grade tech and how long will it take ?
I paid $ 250.00 extra to local Kioti dealer to do warranty work on my 45, but I saved $ 5000.00 on purchase price when buying. Local dealer still left front lug nuts lose and that ended up shearing front wheel studs.
In the end it has been a great tractor and about 12 K below Kubota of same HP. 1000 hours plus with no problems. If I was looking new today I would go directly to the Kioti first. I also own Kubota and it has been problem free.
Good Luck
Scott

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #10  
Kind of left me with a bad expirence allready. Thing is, I think LS makes a good tractor and would be interested otherwise.
We are talking about a bad dealer here not a bad LS Co. Call LS I bet they help you.