Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #81  
If a business takes on a brand they assume the responsibility to support the brand and should know what the brands warranty policies might be. Matters not if it's a TV or a tractor IMO.
We bought our first color, a Motorola TV in 1972 from a KS retail store then moved to KY soon after. The TV died at ~ 6 months and I took it to a KY dealer for warranty service. He called me to say the company wouldn't back the repair cost. I wrote a letter to the regional service guy who said it was out of the region where purchased. I then went up the corporate ladder and they ended up repairing that TV.
It's not about flat rate vs. hourly or where you bought something, it's about either being a true dealer or not. I have zero interest in dealers who might sell high to support whatever they decide to service under warranty.
I went out of state to buy used for my last two tractors and fully expect any brand dealer to service them as needed, warranty or not.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #82  
If a dealer will not honor a warranty I don't think I
would let this dealer work on anything! Also spread
the word and I would also send a letter to the corp office.

willy

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #83  
I know it’s different, but when we had a Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha dealership, we were 100% required to perform warranty work per our franchise agreement.

We were also required to perform all recalls.

It wasn’t the most profitable work but it was cash flow positive.

MoKelly

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #84  
Warranty work often gives rub-off work by having the machine in a shop and seeing what else's possible.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #85  
I'll jump on the bandwagon... a friend's son bought a Montana (Predecessor to LS) when they first came out. Within a few months the front bolts had sheared off and he had to have them replaced. The repair came to somewhere around $1100 over what the manufacturer paid, and her son had to pay it to get his tractor back. I had done business with that same dealer when he was a transmission repairman and had advised against doing business with him. When he shook my hand I counted my fingers afterward to make sure that they all were there...

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #86  
I'll jump on the bandwagon... a friend's son bought a Montana (Predecessor to LS) when they first came out. Within a few months the front bolts had sheared off and he had to have them replaced. The repair came to somewhere around $1100 over what the manufacturer paid, and her son had to pay it to get his tractor back. I had done business with that same dealer when he was a transmission repairman and had advised against doing business with him. When he shook my hand I counted my fingers afterward to make sure that they all were there...
Was that dealer a "Masshole" who had moved to Maine?

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #87  
I looked into this as well when I was shopping for the best price. I knew I wanted an LS and I knew I wanted the P7010C. It was the best bang for the buck that I cared to afford. So... I called 5 dealers in two states. I gathered all the details and prices. I went and spoke to my local dealer that I have known for a good while and have bought several implements from. Then things got hairy!

My local dealer (4 miles away) was the highest priced. I told him the other quotes and he got pissy quickly. He also told me he WOULD NOT preform any warranty work on equipment he did not sell. Same treatment on the Bad Boy and Mahindra brands he carries. He has people call him about working on LS/Bad Boy/Mahindra products regularly that are under warranty. If he did not sell it, he will only repair it if the customer pays labor. He claims OEM warranty payments are not realistic. Now I was in a pickle. Local guy was $6k more than my best quote. Best quote was 200 miles away.

I called LS USA, regional rep, and another dealer. They all said a dealer must preform warranty services if they advertise they are an LS dealer. BUT!!! Your ticket will probably get lost, or they will be too busy, or they forgot to call and order the part, ect. It may finally get serviced/repaired, but it may take months to finish after several nastygrams to LS corporate and only then their lowest trained tech will probably be who wrenches on your tractor.

So... I found another local dealer and negotiated a fair price (not lowest or highest). Now I have a dealer that is understanding, I will buy from again, and we are both content with the transaction. The first dealer has a pretty weak service/shop department, my new dealer actually preforms warranty work on problems the other guys mechanics cannot troubleshoot.

I spent 3 weeks going through a lot of stress balancing dealer reputations, price, and distance. I learned that "closest" and "cheapest" are not the best options on their own. It is a TRINITY that make a good deal. What dealer is nearest that can give the best price and has the facility and knowledge to keep you running. This is why I chose a dealer +30 miles away instead of the dealer I drive past twice a day.

CT

Honestly I’d just go with another brand. Ridiculous this crap about I won’t service what I don’t sell. Then you shouldn’t be able to hang brand shingle, simple as that. Looking forward to post COVID and post free money and buyer leverage coming back. They’ll be eager for the sales and work again. I’m delaying my truck upgrade until the chip shortage is sorted and dealers have the new model year inventory backup against and the trucks holding for chips. Hoping for a buyer’s feast and willing to wait for it. And not for nothing but these off brand dealers tend to come and go quick. Where the deers and kubotas seem to be around on average much longer. Every vehicle I’ve purchased I buy best price and service where most convenient.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #88  
It's not the brand, it is the individual dealers. It is up to us, as consumers to push that up to corporate and get the word out to avoid that dealership. Money talks. Why should I sacrifice the machine I prefer because of an individual? It is different if the OEM does not back their brand. This problem is not brand specific or even AG specific. I'm not an attorney, but depending on your state, you may have a civil case against the dealership. Breach of contract. You had to spend time and money because he shirked his responsibility. If consumers push back, these guys either change or go away. They are still around because too many of us either take it quietly, or walk away quietly.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #89  
Honestly I’d just go with another brand. Ridiculous this crap about I won’t service what I don’t sell. Then you shouldn’t be able to hang brand shingle, simple as that. Looking forward to post COVID and post free money and buyer leverage coming back. They’ll be eager for the sales and work again. I’m delaying my truck upgrade until the chip shortage is sorted and dealers have the new model year inventory backup against and the trucks holding for chips. Hoping for a buyer’s feast and willing to wait for it. And not for nothing but these off brand dealers tend to come and go quick. Where the deers and kubotas seem to be around on average much longer. Every vehicle I’ve purchased I buy best price and service where most convenient.
Me too !!!

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #90  
Find a different dealer and from that day forward,spend any money that needs to be spent with the dealer that helped you.I'd definitely stay away a dealer that doesn't want to do warranty work.
I had a local J.D. dealer that advertises like crazy all over Craigslist.I saw he had a 4 seat Gator side by side that was priced well.I called his number and got voicemail,left contact info and stated what I was interested in.Did the same through email also.Got No reply so I reached out to another dealer, got immediate reply so long story short,I bought the gator the non replying dealer had through the other dealership.He must have put 2 and 2 together because when I got home I was getting a call from him.I had saved his # so I did not answer.
Since then I have spent my money at the dealership that gave me the best service which was the second one.I have since bought 2 zero turn mowers from them also.
just my 2 cents.