Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #11  
Dealer say he will not do warranty work on new ls not purchased from him. I know that a dealer can refuse to work on other stuff but a new LS tractor. Any ideas? Thanks

I would think they would be required to do LS warranty work, however, as said before, you could be in the waiting line a long tome? Ken Sweet

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #12  
I am paying just slightly more for my xr4046 from the closest dealer mainly to have a positive relation with them from the start. I highly doubt LS will not require the dealer to service their product. What if you moved across the country and brought you LS under warranty to a different dealer. Kind of sounds like something else going on. Dealers make money on warranty work, factory owns the warranty.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #13  
A good dealer is worth as much or more than the factory warranty. When the front drive shaft broke on my P7010 and the factory warranty wouldn't replace it, my dealer stepped up and did the work for free because he thought the warranty should have covered it.

If the dealer wont or doesn't want to work on your tractor, it might be wise to get LS to help with locating a new dealer to service your tractor rather than piss off the one you bought from. Tell them what is happening and then let LS deal with the dealer which might prove to be that he will no longer sell LS tractors.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #14  
What warranty work needs to be done?

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #15  
Whether the dealer can refuse would not be my concern as much as do I want a dealer who doesn't want to honor warranty work on my tractor to go anywhere near it in the first place? JMHO.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #16  
His shop, his rules. If forced by the factory to service the tractor it may take "awhile ".

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #17  
SSG,
I agree with the majority of the posts on this thread and thought I would add my own 2 cents, so take this for what it's worth.

The manufacturer's rep is usually measured in several ways by corporate. One is growing new sales for his territory, another is add-on or implement sales to existing accounts/customers, and usually a 3rd one is customer satisfaction. Each of these measures is dependent on Dealer performance. You could say that the sum of the Dealer performance in each 3 equates to the measure of the rep. What I'm getting at, is the "rep" has a vested interest in you; your spending; and satisfaction. Usually there are corporate goals set by corporate that the rep is tied to. Your treatment by the un-cooperative dealer is not conducive to the rep achieving his goals. (Known as "what's in it for me")

Usually there is an account review of each dealership held between corporate and the rep. Have you heard, as I have, of some LS dealers and other manufacturer dealers losing their license. Your situation is (IMHO) a classic example of why a dealer would fall out of favor.

You should do (IMHO) as others have suggested and appeal to the rep. first, and make him aware of your concerns in the work being done by a convenient dealer and done properly, and in a timely manner. My friend, you have leverage. The rep's job is also to monitor the performance of the dealers and to accommodate customers who for what ever reason are having service issues.

Document your communications, ie., e-mail, phone calls, etc. and go thru the rep first. If you go to corporate first, he may feel circumvented and that won't help your case. I'm confident he can help you in this matter to your satisfaction.
Good Luck
John

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??
The situation is this: I found a u5030 several hours away and asked a closer dealer to match the price. Was quoted $24,700 from the first dealer and the second dealer said that he would sell his u5030 for $31,000. Both tractors have about 10 hours and are about the same. The second dealer said that he would not even sell me an air filter if I did not buy from him and "went around him" to purchase somewhere else. I told him that I allways shopped local and supported my community, even paying a little more to do so but not to the tune of $$6000 difference. He said he would not work of my tractor if I did not buy from him and I asked him about warranty work and he replied that he did not have to do that either. Like I said, really liked the tractor but just saying.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #19  
The situation is this: I found a u5030 several hours away and asked a closer dealer to match the price. Was quoted $24,700 from the first dealer and the second dealer said that he would sell his u5030 for $31,000. Both tractors have about 10 hours and are about the same. The second dealer said that he would not even sell me an air filter if I did not buy from him and "went around him" to purchase somewhere else. I told him that I allways shopped local and supported my community, even paying a little more to do so but not to the tune of $$6000 difference. He said he would not work of my tractor if I did not buy from him and I asked him about warranty work and he replied that he did not have to do that either. Like I said, really liked the tractor but just saying.

I would not buy from him with that attitude period.

Is it a salesperson who said that? The service department may feel differently.

Salespeople are known for BSing.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #20  
I wouldn't walk into dealership ever again. For $6000 I would go the few house to buy too. I have had a U5030C for three now and not one time has had the dealer need to touch it.