any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #971  
Have 3 345's and one PTO had some play and wobble so replacing the bearings. The ones we took out have a groove in the side I assume for the grease, the new ones I ordered which I ordered via part number from the part diagram don't have the groove.

Anyone come across this?
The issue here is Chinese made replacement parts. I have fixed enough things in my life to know that they can get you by and getting any NOS for these Toro's is a nightmare. So, that I see here is a potentially simple issue that could be fixed with some machine work if you wanted to. If I am assuming correctly, because I need to do the very same things and have looked at these same parts for my 322-D, is that this bearing has the grove in the pressed in side for a snap ring. The replacement does not have this grove and relies on the locking collar alone. The bearing surface I would imagine is not on that outside machined portion and should be located internally on that bearing around where I have circled in red on your image... so the use of grease here (Reference grease zirk #39 on diagram) to me is a little weird. But, if I am wrong and it is for grease then again a little machine work to make a groove would be possible.

1627486260890.png
sible.
1627486038840.png

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #972  
i understand, the chinese replacement parts are mostly bad quality or not exact the same as original as you see with your bearing.
I had the same problem with my ingersoll mower, replaced the deck bearings with chinese bearings, after 1,5 year mowing the bearings are worn out.
I resolved the problem to make a bushing on the lathe so that another quality brand bearing will fit.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #973  
i have a Toro 322D for 2 years now, last week the engine shuts down and wont start again. After a closer look i see the flywheel turs when i start, on the other side of the engine nothing turns.
and yes, we have a broken crancshaft...

So, i part out the mower and whats left is scrap, prices are high today.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #974  
Yesterday i bougt another groundsmaster with a 72 recycler deck.
it has the Mitsubishi engine and power steering.

I have a question: what is the difference between a groundsmaster 322D and a 325D ?

On pictures i cant see any difference.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #975  
I have a question: what is the difference between a groundsmaster 322D and a 325D ?
The main difference is 3 horsepower and the adjustable steering column on the 325D:

P9150984.JPG
PB230025.JPG

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #976  
oke , thanks. not much difference then.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #977  
My new purchased 322D starts hard. needs a lot of glowing and starting before it runs. I take a closer look and i see that there is no gravity pump for the diesel, from the tank goes the fuel line to the fuel filter and then it runs to the injection pump.
Looks wrong to me, this means that the injection pump creates some vacuum te get fuel ?

Can anyone tell me of a gravity pump is necasary ?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #978  
My new purchased 322D starts hard. needs a lot of glowing and starting before it runs.
Mine won't start unless the throttle lever is at max. I slow it down as soon as it runs.

I take a closer look and i see that there is no gravity pump for the diesel, from the tank goes the fuel line to the fuel filter and then it runs to the injection pump.
When the key is turned on, you can hear the electric fuel pump operate.
It is between the tank and fuel filter.

1988 Fuel Pump and Filter.jpeg

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #979  
My new purchased 322D starts hard. needs a lot of glowing and starting before it runs. I take a closer look and i see that there is no gravity pump for the diesel, from the tank goes the fuel line to the fuel filter and then it runs to the injection pump.
Looks wrong to me, this means that the injection pump creates some vacuum te get fuel ?

Can anyone tell me of a gravity pump is necasary ?
Many diesels will run without a lift pump. Often it shortens the life of the injection pump. I would make sure there is a lift pump on it.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #980  
I have the pump from the 322d with the broken crackshaft so i will install the gravity pump