any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #471  
The clutch looked different than ones I had seen on here. It has a grease zerk instead of a plug for gear oil.

The thought of having a brand new deck shell is appealing, particularly considering the price he wants (cheap). Why wouldn’t you do it? Too much of a chance things wouldn’t fit?

Depends on what cheap is. If it is close to $200 a ton, I would be all over it.

When I work on decks, I like to use as much stainless steel as possible - you can weld stainless with 7018, 8018, 9018 and many other rods and wires. You can weld stainless to mild and other steels. Even AR plate

I use a lot of anti seize and I use slick plate on the bottom of the decks. The slick plate really helps. The stainless also really helps keeping things from sticking or at least makes clean up much easier

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #472  
The service manual says there are two types of rear axles, the Insaka, and Dae Wong. This is why they have two types of clutches.

Service manual also says the reason for the over running clutch is during sharp turns the tail end swings out in a wider arc than the drive wheels. This causes the rear tires to turn faster than the front. I’m assuming this would cause binding and such on a full time 4wd set up.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #473  
Thanks Aaron - I'll look at the Carlisle - that's the brand on the machine now 23 x 8.5 x 12nhs. I'll have to weigh the tires - but guessing 30-40lbs filled. Mileage will not be the issue, neither will puncture concerns. I think I might need new rims as these have some big dents and dings. The Cozy Cab is pretty heavy, but I'll be adding more weight to the back (steering) end because the weight of the thrower will bring the steering end wheels off the ground on a small incline.

View attachment 572971

Sorry for photo quality, but you can see I use double rubber tire chains - they work great on snow and ice. My GSD operator in training is at the wheel - hoping he can start doing the snow clearing this winter...

Could you get more pics of how your snowblower mounts?

Which snowblower do you have?

How does your shoot turn?

I have Toro 150 Accra industries Model 44910 I have never been able to find another to see how the chute was from the factory or exactly how it is supposed to mount to the machine.

I am in the process of making gauge/bogey wheels on the sides to keep it from sinking and scooping up the loose gravel in my drive

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #474  
My son works at a local golf course that owns two well worn Groundsmasters. One winter they actually disassembled one of the decks and formed metal from it to make another deck. They sheathed over their exiting decks with the new material. It still works to my knowledge. Both of these units have in excess of 6K hours on them and they currently use them as backup units.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #475  
Cool thanks.

Has anyone put wider tires on these for better flotation over soft ground? I see 23x10.5x12 was an option for these. Would something wider fit?
Yes, with the proper wheel offset.

Would something wider work? Not much wider with most of the mower decks. The rear deck wheels would hit the wider tire.

These are 23x10.5x12:

P4280020 325D 6ply 32psi max.JPG

P4280018 325D.JPG

PB230027.JPG

This shows the tight clearance with the Recycler deck. The rear wheels don't swivel like the side discharge deck does:

P5290001 550.png

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #476  
Those look like they would work nice. Are you saying the 10.5” tires would hit the swivel wheels of a side discharge deck though?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #477  
No, the side discharge deck has clearance:

PB020005.JPG

PB020007.JPG

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #478  
---------------------------------------------
I don't much care for the bi-directional clutch. Is the a rear differential that could be used for a full time 4x4 with a shifter? I'm guessing it would be pretty hard to come up with something without replacing the whole drive unit.
----------------------
The model 30741 has a lever to shift to 4WD. I have seen one at a repair shop. Don't know any details of how it works. Found some pictures a long time ago:

Manual 4WD Linkage.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And a snip from the parts viewer. I couldn't find the clutch that it operates:

30741 C E.PNG

And the optional full time 4WD driveshaft that clamps in place of the overrunning clutch:

30741 F T 4WD.PNG

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #479  
Thank you for clearing that up. Have you ever noticed your 4wd kicking in on a steep slope or loose Ground? I would imagine it is almost transparent to the operator when it does start to work.

I found a picture of that strange side discharge deck with the removable front lip. It is in fact a groundsmaster deck, the one in this pic appears to be a 60”.

EA8EB1AD-BD64-46D0-A762-B53691279A68.jpeg

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #480  
Yep, rarely noticed it kicking in. I removed the bent driveshaft on the 328D to straighten it and it wouldn't go places with 2WD, that it went in 4WD.

That is mounted on a Groundsmaster 72, the predecessor of the 300 series, so don't think it is 60" deck.

Those are slots on the front, to allow raising for tall stuff:

slot.PNG