Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock?

/ Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #1  

Bedlam

Veteran Member
I was thinking of making some sort of either hydraulic or electric way to pull the levers down and up on the loader QA. Cant seem to find much ,I have hydraulics to the front of the tractor but would have to design the mechanical part and the hydraulics. I also consider two Linear Actuators (12 volt) The levers open and close easy so I think the electric is a good consideration. Im interested in anyone else thoughts or links, or ideas. Thanks.

/ Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #3  
Lots of skid steer machines have hydraulic actuators on the quick attach. A quick search will bring up all you need to know. If you're changing implements with hydraulic action, you have to aget off to couple hoses anyway. Some cases it would be sweet.
On a side note, electric actuators are annoyingly slow, you'd be done much quicker just manually doing it.

Last edited:
   / Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #5  
   / Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #6  
Ya, cheap linear actuator worked well until I sold it. But I upgraded to a new tractor. Probably going hydraulics this time when I get around to it as I have the 3rd function already plumbed in up there.
Wondering if ya looked at doing this again, i got valmet loader frequently change from bucket to forks..could use 3rd function like you say

/ Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #7  
   / Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #8  
I'm going the hydraulic route and have about 200$ USD and I have no hoses yet. electric is probably cheaper but I am more of a mechanical guy and electrical stuff that can burn the tractor down scare me :)

I am going with tees in the third function line with ball valves but you can also do a double selector valve but they are more expensive.

/ Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #9  
The easy way is to get a loader with the Euro Global quick hitch,
even the base models you unlatch remove whatever you are using go to the next piece of equipment curl into it roll back and a spring shoves the pins back in.
Much nicer then SSQA and safer also very difficult to lose an attachment by just curling all the way they will still be hanging on, SSQA will fall off.

/ Front Loader Quick Attach Automatic lock? #10  
The easy way is to get a loader with the Euro Global quick hitch,
even the base models you unlatch remove whatever you are using go to the next piece of equipment curl into it roll back and a spring shoves the pins back in.
Much nicer then SSQA and safer also very difficult to lose an attachment by just curling all the way they will still be hanging on, SSQA will fall off.
The big problem is Euro Global is no where near as common as SSQA. John Deere is the only CUT that has something other than pin on or SSQA. All modern skid steers use SSQA & end most other CUT sized smaller equipment. Impliments follow the standards used by most machines (or the other way around). Market momentum can ***** a better design sometimes. I thought Euro Global was for bigger equipment as well.